Need help for "Paradise City" clean tone

Gordon Gekko

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm using a Boss GT-PRO multi effects processor and I'm very happy with that. I've found a very good lead tone with it but I've got problems getting a nice clean tone.

I really like the sound of the guitar playing the clean intro of Paradise City and I tried to play a little with the effects of the GT-PRO but with no good results.

So I hope someone around here can give me a little help and advice which effects I should use and maybe also the approximate settings.

Thanks!

MrRhoads

Reaction score
Try this setting and see were it takes you.
Amp; clean ofcourse but volume set to full (10)
gain; 3-4 listen how is sounds.
on the Cabinett selection just go for something you like, vintage is more old style dirty on my Korg AX1500G but same there volume to 10, presence to what you like..
And one more thing roll of the volume knob on the pickup you´re using for the cleans, it can do alot.
Or try the least overdriven amp selection on your Boss...

I hope this is helpfull to you, good luck and let me know how it goes

Gordon Gekko

Reaction score
MrRhoads,

thanks for your answer and help. The problem is at the momet I play at home so I'm not able to crank up the volume.

I think I have to play a little bit with the onboard Chorus or/and the Compressor...

Fixxxer

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
FWIW,

I think a tweed setting type amp can meet your needs

theBIGSlashfan

Reaction score
Slash uses chorus, other than that i don't know so well... i use a VOX VT30 and setting that on AC15TB with chorus and the tone selector switch on my LP in the middle position gives a nice result:D

So Relax

Reaction score
Paradise City intro was recorded on an SG - I'd assume rhythm pickup. Slight chorus through Slash hired and modified JCM800 which Slash himself has never found again and has never found the tone he had on that album.

I get it on the treble pickup volume rolled back to clean it up and tone rolld back a touch

duff

Reaction score
any clean sound with chorus and a bit of reverb will get u there. Nothing special about that sound.

Ps: so relax, it wasnt a jcm800 ;)

Latest Threads