Need help buying my first pedalboard setup

Sournote

Reaction score
Let me be the first to say you almost certainly do NOT need/want a compression pedal. I know where that idea was planted in your head and totally disagree with the person that put it there, despite his cult-like following.

Waste money if you must, but my bet is your compression pedal gathers dust after a few months messing with it. If we were neighbors I'd let you borrow mine for a while. I only use it for my acoustic rig now.

A chorus or reverb would be a decent first choice pedal since you have amps capable of giving you your dirt tone, though if you want a clean passage and a dirt tone in one song, an overdrive will give you that so that would still be a decent choice.

Batman

Reaction score
Hey what's a bastard supposed to do when an opportunity like that presents itself? :)

Laggspike

Reaction score
What I did:

Bought:
Overdrive
Tuner
Reverb

Still missing:
Delay and a chorus.

Did so I can go from my disired clean, to some kind of crunsh\heavyer stuff, then I use my amps pedal to boost for some crazy lead :)

And my reverb is pretty much always on.

But all you have to do is:

Look up what kind of effects you want\need. And if you are unsure how to hook it up, just ask here :)

It can't go too wrong:)

Also, don't forget a nice power supply, instead of messing about with batterys.

\\laggy.

I'm pretty new to pedals my self, but that's what I did. Oh forgot to say, that I looked up on a ton of reviews as well, that way, it gave me a pretty good idea what is good\bad for me etc,

Enjoy!

Edit: don't forget to make\buy a pedal board! SO much easier to deal with the pedlas,that way they don't slide around etc when you stomp on them.

Also, make a bigger pedalboard than you need, since you gonna need it! Buying pedals is like being on drugs, a little warning there!

Was mentioned earlier in this thread I believe haha

StubbyJ

Reaction score
This may be taking "the back road," but as I'm not aware of your experience....have you considered a multi-effects unit? This option will allow you to 'learn" effects and your favorite combinations of, to guide eventual pedal purchases possibly saving time and $. Just a thought.

kelsodeez

Reaction score
Buy a used boss multi effect pedal first and get an idea of what you like. Then buy higher quality pedals with more tonal capabilities of the effects you use most frequently

VictorB

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
1652275246871.png

bigdaddy496

Reaction score
if you are looking to get a distortion pedal, i HIGHLY recommend Revv G3 Distortion. Or if you want a bit heavier get the G4. Awesome pedals, worth every penny.

Mookakian

Reaction score
Eventually grab a Boss ES8... with all thay fire power a switching unit will open realms for you

efstop

rude and low IQ'd
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP is still MIA, folks.

Latest Threads