Need guidance on 58 Double Cut reissue

Mcholley

Reaction score
Hi all,

I love this guitar, but with the action set low, not fretting out, the strings hit the pickup cover.

Thoughts?

Appreciate it,

Mark

3311E5EC-F105-4765-9B92-1C8AE33C406C.jpeg

Clint

Reaction score
You may need to enjoy it but without the action set so low. I have one of those. Mine came from the factory with the tailpience set much higher. I 'd call the action on mine medium. You can see a couple threads sticking out of the tailpiece.
Only other things I can think of is either try a heavier string gauge but you'll need to do a new set up, or learn how to lightly rest your palm on it.

none2low

Reaction score
Raising the tailpiece may be necessary. You will occasionally see this with vintage examples also and depending on the neck set this can happen with super low action.

You might also want to check your neck relief.

It could be an optical illusion, but the string line gives me the impression that you have way too much neck relief set. Strings appear to dip at the body interface and then rise again moving towards the 12th.

mudface

Shaw Bucker
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can try sanding the bottom of the cover just a little bit to get a tiny bit more clearance.... though the pickup underneath may only allow a little room if any.

This is why I like soap bars better,... like my DSG Junior
FB1A2790-609B-40E5-91C7-C4EFD89F802B.jpeg

Last edited:

Dogbreath

Reaction score
I have one and my tailpiece is set much higher, but I set my relief at only about .004. This guitar looks like it has way too much relief.

Latest Threads