Need Advise : Orville by Gibson ES-335

villager

Reaction score
I really dont know.... there could be valid explanations for the nibs(refret and added nibs) and the weird stamp (sticker got wet and ink bled through) I am still not sure about the headstock back where i think I can see a straight horizontal line which indicates a scarf joint or a repair.... But It looks very well made overall and there is a lot thats dead right about it...whats the price?

Last edited:

GammyBird

Reaction score
That one's a head scratcher and a chin scratcher! There are things right about it and things wrong...

The price is definitely right, almost too good a deal...IMO.

Roxy13

Reaction score
Are you able to see it in person? I have to say I like it and the price is really good, but it's confusing even our resident experts here, so caution is warranted.

LoveLes83

Reaction score
For a grand if it plays well and sings you have to take it. Not right now (as I am currently poor), but when i get my finances back to normal I would pay 1000 for a counterfeit that looks this good provided it sounds and plays the way it should.
I am not an expert and not saying that this is a counterfeit. Just saying that if it was I wouldn’t care for that price.

kakerlak

Reaction score
Label aside, what's going on inside that f-hole? It's awfully dirty looking in there. What's all the weird staining, etc? I'd be apprehensive of water damage -- that thing looks like it's been growing mold or something in there.

Latest Threads