Need a battle flag template.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davey Rock

Reaction score
Ok so I've done this once, which turned out better than I expected but still want it a little more professional looking. Here it is.
IMG_20201019_113437354_LL~2.jpg

I'm happy with the flag, but I plan on doing this to actual guitars in the future. Don't care about people thinking it's racist. Also don't care for people who think this is the Confederate flag. All I know, is people need to do research and I need a good template.
What I did the first time was print out an outline and cut out the lines stars etc. with an exacto knife and spray painted depending on the layer. Been thinking about doing one of those guitar skins, but it doesn't have the look I want. Any feedback would be appreciated. Anyone who doesn't like this I have a mission for you

1. Do some research
2. See if you can change my opinion
3. Don't hate don't discriminate. (Just cause I'm white and like this flag doesn't mean I'm racist.)
4. Last but not least, if you don't have evidence to back up your opinion, then your said opinion is 100% invalid, cause at the end of the day, an opinion is like a brain. Everybody has one, but it only counts if you use it right.

Oddball667

Reaction score
Idk , but I know Dean made a super cool ML for dime bag at one point that had a real flag under the clear coat that look great , maybe you could do something like that with lacquer

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
Reaction score
1. Do some research
2. See if you can change my opinion
3. Don't hate don't discriminate. (Just cause I'm white and like this flag doesn't mean I'm racist.)
4. Last but not least, if you don't have evidence to back up your opinion, then your said opinion is 100% invalid, cause at the end of the day, an opinion is like a brain. Everybody has one, but it only counts if you use it right.
This is not the place for any of this discussion. Take it elsewhere.

And I’m sure everyone who frequents the Luthier’s Corner is mature enough to comply.

Davey Rock

Reaction score
That's what I'm aiming for, but saddle they are discontinued. For racism obviously. I can do it from scratch but it would be so much more better looking if it was from a template.
Idk , but I know Dean made a super cool ML for dime bag at one point that had a real flag under the clear coat that look great , maybe you could do something like that with lacquer

Oddball667

Reaction score
Im pretty sure the flag was cut and used as a venneer and just had the finish put over it.
....and for anyone reading this , I'm sure you could use any flag or possibly a family crest ECT .
I think its a way cool idea regardless of ppls feeling of the particular flag you want to use to me the idea is still way cooool .
And ill go ahead and say it I have no problem with the Confederate battle flag , as it is part of history and more specifically my family history .
But do understand and respect how it could be offensive to others , but the same would apply to 90% of the music or album covers I like , take cannibal corpse as an example.

Oddball667

Reaction score
Idk , not really a ML guy myself ....but love Jackson warriors lol

Davey Rock

Reaction score
Im pretty sure the flag was cut and used as a venneer and just had the finish put over it.
....and for anyone reading this , I'm sure you could use any flag or possibly a family crest ECT .
I think its a way cool idea regardless of ppls feeling of the particular flag you want to use to me the idea is still way cooool .
And ill go ahead and say it I have no problem with the Confederate battle flag , as it is part of history and more specifically my family history .
But do understand and respect how it could be offensive to others , but the same would apply to 90% of the music or album covers I like , take cannibal corpse as an example.
Yessirrrrrrrrr. Thank you very much. People say we betrayed America, but in reality the 13 original colonies (the Confederacy) we're the first settlements and states. We we're here first, THEY betrayed us.

dspelman

Reaction score
The obvious answer to most of this is to produce the graphic on a computer first. If you can't do this yourself, you can get a good graphic designer to help you.

Then print it out on one of several obvious mediums, including fabric or transit vinyl ("wrap" material if you're a lamborghini fan). Apply the medium to the object of your infections (guitar body, guitar case, car) using the appropriate stickum, and then clear over it to make it permanent.

In the case of a guitar, you can simply apply the vinyl and leave it until you're ready to change the look. Then just peel it off and do something else.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yessirrrrrrrrr. Thank you very much. People say we betrayed America, but in reality the 13 original colonies (the Confederacy) we're the first settlements and states. We we're here first, THEY betrayed us.
You were told to cool it, yet you continue.

Too bad you just simply couldn't talk about the template and keep it to woodworking discussions.

Now your thread is closed and you get a time-out, because not of the template, but because you just couldn't shut up. Even when advised to do so.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let this be a reminder, do not come in here with a chip on your shoulder, throwing down for a fight like this guy.

We don't care about your social politics. We don't give a tinker's damn about your world view. It's about the wood. Its about the craft. And it always will be. You want to peddle an agenda? Go somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.