Neck-through Les Paul - Another new/old build.

Skyjerk

Meatbomb
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the topic of unfinished (literally) business, I figure its time I picked up this one again as well.

In my sig below theres a link called "Neck-through Les Paul", that was my very first build back in 2014. As it happens, its actually my 2nd build.

The first 3 pages of that thread detail the building of the body/neck using my preferred method ie: 3-piece laminate neck, and neck-through construction.

When I got to page 3 in that build I realized I had made the body 1/8" too thin. Doesnt seem like much, but my goal was to be accurate to a 59 with regard to dimensions. Obviously I blew accuracy up with a nuke going neck-through, but I still wanted the dimensions to be spot on.

So I set it aside and started over.

This is the one that I set aside. Its sat in my studio for 7 years waiting for its time to come. Well, looks like that time is now.

I'm pleased that the neck is still as dead flat and straight as the day I built it. I didnt actually do carbon fiber in this one. I still might.

Havent decided yet.

So to recap, the body and neck are all genuine mahogany. Headstock veneer is holly, inlay is MOP

I also have a flame maple top already bookmatched and glued up. Its been sitting with the body all this time as well.

As you can see, still a LOT of work to do here, so I decided to make a thread. Havent done one in a couple years. I'm working on wrapping up another build concurrently so updates to this one might not come with lightning speed, plus I'm still working on sourcing some materials.

pshupe

Reaction score
Not seeing pics either. I find this strange, as I believe Chris hosts all images etc on his own server. There may have been some sort of change in the forum to block this, for some reason??

I would love to see these pics. I went back through the thread linked and those are missing as well.

Cheers Peter.

Skyjerk

Meatbomb
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for letting me know. my angry faces arent directed at you guys, but the issue.

MLP has changed some stuff, and may be blocking images from my website...

I dont actually want to upload everything i ever posted :(

Can you see pix in my older threads? Whats weird is that I CAN see all my images in all my threads

bod1.jpg

top1.jpg

Last edited:

Skyjerk

Meatbomb
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing in this post but 2 in the post above that one.
Those two I uploaded the files directly to the forum.

So it looks like MLP is blocking images from all external sites becasue I posted images in that post from 3 different sites and none of them show up

pshupe

Reaction score
Test - image post from Imgur.com

Seems to work from this site. I upload to imgur.com and then copy a link used for forums. Or just load the image direct from a folder on my hard drive. This way allows me to use full size or thumbnails.
Capture.JPG

Cheers Peter.

Roxy13

Reaction score
I've been able to upload from my hard drive or by copying "image address" and using that little pic icon in the toolbar above from external sites.

Skyjerk

Meatbomb
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Test - image post from Imgur.com

Seems to work from this site. I upload to imgur.com and then copy a link used for forums. Or just load the image direct from a folder on my hard drive. This way allows me to use full size or thumbnails.
View attachment 536240

Cheers Peter.

Id be willing to bet they allow it from commercial image hosting sites. Maybe they even worked a deal with those sites to allow their images to be linked.

Thats too bad because I have thousands of photo's in my threads. Theres literally no way I can go back and fix them all, so those threads are all basically useless now....

pshupe

Reaction score
Well that sucks. Just as bad as photobucket or tinypic debacle.

Skyjerk

Meatbomb
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I right click the "broken images" and click "open in new tab" they show up for me.
thats wierd. people never had to do that before...

I think ill just upload actual pics from now on, but i hate that my older threads are wrecked...

Skyjerk

Meatbomb
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
another test involving image size to see if larger fie sizes are an issue...

2 images below. Can you see either one without clicking and opening in a new window?

Skyjerk

Meatbomb
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suggest you edit them if you'd like
We're talking about dozens of threads and probably several thousand images.
Who has the time for that?

Latest Threads