Neck profile+playing ability of les paul studio?

LesPeteCustom

Reaction score
Hello, i was wonderig the neck profile and playability of the les paul studio is similar to a gibson les paul custom?

Thanks for any advice, i want a practice guitar as not to spoil my custom!

Pete.

tarddoggy

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
If my memory serves me right,my '79 custom had '59er neck profile.I think the Studios have the same.

guitarslinger

Reaction score
The studios have a 50's neck but I'm trying to understand where you're coming from. You don't want to play your custom as much? You afraid of scratches? Running out of notes? What? Studios may not be as expensive but they're not exactly a POS either. Is your custom a 'trophy' guitar? Just trying to understand your thought process here. :wtf:

:hippie:

LesPeteCustom

Reaction score
Hello, yeah im afraid of damaging my custom scratching it etc. So figured a studio may be good for practising onand i was wondering if it would play the same and if the neck would be the same as my custom. Not sure what you mean by POS or "trophy" guitar

Bobby_Lee

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Hiya LesPeteCustom,
While I don't have a Custom I do have a '95 Studio. It is considerably thinner than my Ebony Standard that does have a '50's neck. It's almost as thin as my Faded Standard 60's neck. I don't know it that helps at all..............:confused:
Peace,
Bobby

guitarslinger

Reaction score
Hello, yeah im afraid of damaging my custom scratching it etc. So figured a studio may be good for practising onand i was wondering if it would play the same and if the neck would be the same as my custom. Not sure what you mean by POS or "trophy" guitar
POS stands for Piece Of Shit and by trophy guitar I mean one that is purchase but never to be played / displayed in a trophy case.

I wasn't trying to be rude or anything but if I had a fine guitar like that I would play the snot out of it :slash:

Personally, I like to practice on the gear I'm going to use 'live' so that I am very familiar with it's sounds, weight, peculiarities and what not before I hit the stage.

:hippie:

HHB

Reaction score
I played a used blueburt studio the other day, it felt great to my hand , no worries

IndianScout

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I own 2 studio guitars, with the same pups and electronics as their standard counterparts they are great guitars..

Latest Threads