Neck anglr

villager

Reaction score
brilliant guitars those.. rare as anything though..

Olds442

Reaction score
No, I wasn't you misunderstood me.

One ... more ... time.

the OG 59's were 3.
you didn't even mention OG 59's in the original post.

original post = thread topic.

here, one, more, time.

this is your topic of pissing. pay attention.

Are there any MIJs that have the correct neck angle among the 59 replicas

For example I love my HLS 240 and HLS155 but they have 3.8 degrees iirc

My understanding is the Gibson True Historic has 4????

I'm referring to vintage or newer stuff, just interested if there are such models out there??

Tia
so there's a nod to the 3.8 and 4.

no mention of 3.

carry on. i'm at ratt's ass at this point.

have a nice day. :)

These were vintage correct 3 deg.
screw you too.

and please send me that.

villager

Reaction score
its a custom run of around 25 guitars built for a shop in the early 90s..

valvetoneman

Reaction score
Sorry, but I don't buy this.

I simply am asking WHY 3.8 and not 3?

and it seems some people are acting like this is some kind of offensive or ridiculous question and I don't buy that.

it's a simple question and I don't understand it, thus I seek an answer.

Are you inferring it's somehow super expensive and hard to make it 3 degrees because I need to get a private guitar commssioned to get it?

And I disagree you can't get an inexpensive good replica.

My HLS 240 cost me under a grand shipped and it's AWESOME

it's just 3.8 instead of 3 and I don't know WHY since it's raison d'etre is to be a REPLICA of a guitar with 3.

Frankly, I might PREFER 3.8 to 3.

i won't know until I try a 3 to compare
I have no idea what you're talking about, what part about 3 degrees not being right don't you understand, it can't be if you've got a vintage thick cap, my flat top set neck tele I've made has probably close to 2 degrees.

It's about how accurate a replica is, I looked at vintage guitars and compared and build from that, it really is that simple
Forget about neck angles and buy something you like,
When you get into details like royalite binding, cellulose nitrate inlays, replica m69 rings then there's eastern maple tops, that's getting towards replica, otherwise it's just a les paul style guitar, I already said they were good but not replica so stop saying it.

silverkw

Reaction score
From my measurements of a few Gibson Historics that have gone through my hands, they varied from 3.7 - 4.2.

I haven't had a chance to measure a True Historic. But since they are all handmade, there could be very slight variations.

In general though, I do notice that the Gibson Historic LP's have lower sitting bridges comparing the the USA line.

DADGAD

Reaction score
From my measurements of a few Gibson Historics that have gone through my hands, they varied from 3.7 - 4.2.

I haven't had a chance to measure a True Historic. But since they are all handmade, there could be very slight variations.

In general though, I do notice that the Gibson Historic LP's have lower sitting bridges comparing the the USA line.
I noticed the same thing. Historics tended to have lower bridges and neck angles (which I prefer) A trad and Rosso Corsa I owned had slightly steeper neck angles. It wasn't unplayable by any means just noticeable. If I didn't own a historic I probably would be none the wiser and perfectly happy.

valvetoneman

Reaction score
Probably because they used a thinner cap on standards and vintage thick cap on historics, I think they use the same angle regardless which I don't like, who wants a tailpiece stuck in the air because the angles wrong, rubbish if you ask me
Get those angles right, mind you I'd never buy one, if I want something I make it how I want and with good wood

Latest Threads