NDD....this is make ya wanna slap ya mama cuteness

defcrew

Reaction score
We lost our beloved Jack at age 14 two weeks ago in the middle of the night to cancer. For a dog lover there is nothing so empty as a dogless house. The cavalry has arrived. I present to you Wille Earl. He is six weeks old and we found him on, gasp, Craigs List. We met a guy and his wife in the parking lot of a Capt Ds in B'ham as he agreed to meet us halfway from Decatur where he lived. He was not a professional breeder but the owner of a yellow male and choclate female. It was her first (and last) litter. Nine black and one yellow. How do you pick from nine adorable puppies? Eenie meenie miney mo. He has done a darn good job filling the hole in our heart. So informative watching the slow decent of one creature and the rapid ascent of another. Life is grand!
little willie earl.JPG
jack grave.JPG

Last edited:

PeteK

Reaction score
Congratulations on your new family member and happy new dog day!

I got my lab out of the nickel ads in the paper. Similar story. Not "breeders", just some people that had a yellow and black lab that had puppies. Litter of 12 and I picked what they thought was the runt of the litter. He's 110 lbs now. :shock:

Roxy13

Reaction score
Awww, ain't that the cutest little puppy. He will keep you busy.

mrdannyboy

Reaction score
SOrry about your other dog, this guys s awesome. I just had to put down our cat of 17 years a few months ago, we have gotten 2 more since// Very hard to fill the gap of such a HUGE personality, part dog, human and cat. I know the feeling and it sucks, but now you have a little guy to spoil and live for agan.

My 2nd cat we got was a long hair black cat, it was lets try to get one like our boy we put down, We called him Remy, short for Reminisce in honor of our fallen cat. He is almost identical looking.

Good luck with Willie Earl, he is going to be n awesome pet.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
When I was a kid, we had a black lab (our first of many dogs). I'd tell you his name, but it is the prompt on so many of my online passwords that I am afraid it is classified.

mrdannyboy

Reaction score
Congratulations on your new family member and happy new dog day!

I got my lab out of the nickel ads in the paper. Similar story. Not "breeders", just some people that had a yellow and black lab that had puppies. Litter of 12 and I picked what they thought was the runt of the litter. He's 110 lbs now. :shock:
runts make the best pets in many cases imo, CHeers and congrats on yours too.

defcrew

Reaction score
When I was a kid, we had a black lab (our first of many dogs). I'd tell you his name, but it is the prompt on so many of my online passwords that I am afraid it is classified.
It's kinda funny but the guy we bought him from told me yesterday he sold one of the brothers to a lady who had just lost her 13 year old Lab named Jack and just had to have another black Lab. They all def have unique personalities. Jack absolutely loved firecrackers and bottlerockets. Pretty rare in a dog. We'll see what cranks Willie's tractor as time passes.

redcoats1976

Reaction score
my lab/chow mix loved chasing bicycles and motorcycles.he didnt bite,but he liked to chase them down.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
It's kinda funny but the guy we bought him from told me yesterday he sold one of the brothers to a lady who had just lost her 13 year old Lab named Jack and just had to have another black Lab. They all def have unique personalities. Jack absolutely loved firecrackers and bottlerockets. Pretty rare in a dog. We'll see what cranks Willie's tractor as time passes.
With a little training labs are good at not being gunshy. It is funny think that when we were little, my dad would fire .22lr blanks on the back patio, while feeding the dog (part of training). If I did that today, 5-0 would be in my driveway in a heartbeat.

Last edited:

lpfan1980

Reaction score
We lost our beloved Jack at age 14 two weeks ago in the middle of the night to cancer. For a dog lover there is nothing so empty as a dogless house. The cavalry has arrived. I present to you Wille Earl. He is six weeks old and we found him on, gasp, Craigs List. We met a guy and his wife in the parking lot of a Capt Ds in B'ham as he agreed to meet us halfway from Decatur where he lived. He was not a professional breeder but the owner of a yellow male and choclate female. It was her first (and last) litter. Nine black and one yellow. How do you pick from nine adorable puppies? Eenie meenie miney mo. He has done a darn good job filling the hole in our heart. So informative watching the slow decent of one creature and the rapid ascent of another. Life is grand!
View attachment 387087View attachment 387118
He looks like my Grandmas dog Chuck [RIP BOTH OF YA] Hes the cutest thing ive seen all day and my moms pimply old dogs are still cute .Jack would be proud of ya im sure :applause: .

Skeletor

Reaction score
With a little training labs are good at not being gunshy. It is funny think that when we were little, my dad would fire .22lr blanks on the back patio, while feeding the dog (part of training). If I did that today, 5-0 would be in my driveway in a heartbeat.
My dad did the same thing. Being gun shy is not a good trait in a field trial dog.
(One of our dogs won the regional championship back in the 80s - AFTCA all age I think it was)

lpfan1980

Reaction score
Craigslist isnt always creepy its just bad for me when they sell babies and weird shit and your first name is Craig oops dammit Craigslist give me money if your going to sell weird crap and STOP SELLING EYEBALLS AND BABIES ALRIGHT.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
My dad did the same thing. Being gun shy is not a good trait in a field trial dog.
(One of our dogs won the regional championship back in the 80s - AFTCA all age I think it was)
I can remember those dogs chowing down dinner without flinching...while I was flinching away...

Glad he had more flexibility for me than the dogs.

Last edited: