NCRF450RD

Bigfoot410

I'll have a sammich!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even the old 2 stroke CR 250 was a total beast of a bike. I had a '82 CR500 for about a month. Couldn't get rid of it fast enough. WAY too much bike...lol.

Dolebludger

Reaction score
FB,

At age 51, enjoy your motorcycle. At age 70, I decided I wanted to ride again after many years of not doing so because I lived in a congested city, but had moved to rural Colorado. But CO required a training course and test to get a license to ride. I discovered that my coordination was shot — I flunked. I agreed with the officials that flunked me. I clearly belong on the road only piloting something with four wheels. So enjoy while you can!

freebyrd 69

Reaction score
Nice motorcycle! I used to have a CR500...it ran like a scalded dog. I’ve never ridden a 4 stroke motocross bike. How does that 450 run? Probably not as scary as the old CR.
Maybe less scary on the 450 4 stroke because of the suspension and other technology, but still scary fucking fast. I’m 160 lbs., so....lol

When I raced seriously, I was on a 125, that’s what I won the Midwest 25+ class on. I finished my “career” on a 250 2 stroke. The 450 is easy to ride....no worries about power...it’s there, all of the time. As you get tired is where the fun begins. Lol. One “whiskey throttle”, you are done. Mistakes are amplified.

freebyrd 69

Reaction score
FB,

At age 51, enjoy your motorcycle. At age 70, I decided I wanted to ride again after many years of not doing so because I lived in a congested city, but had moved to rural Colorado. But CO required a training course and test to get a license to ride. I discovered that my coordination was shot — I flunked. I agreed with the officials that flunked me. I clearly belong on the road only piloting something with four wheels. So enjoy while you can!
Agree! You never know when stuff will go south. Last year I raced in an event called an “Ironman” at the track where I posted the picture in the OP. It’s basically a one hour race, during the day, and they lengthen the track quite a bit....roughly 5 min lap times.

There was an older dude I’ve seen there before andI went to talk to him. Hauled the bike on a hitch carrier on the back of a minivan. I finally asked him....”so do you mind if I ask how old you are”? The guy was just shy of his 80th birthday!!! He said he probably wouldn’t finish the race, but would try.Any average person would not last 20 min out there, and I’m talking an average 30-40 yr. old. It was so cool to see. I lapped him about 20 min in, but shit!! That’s my hope, if I live that long.

Latest Threads