Nbd

kevinpaul

Reaction score
I still like you all even though I haven't posted a like in a dogs life it seems. Long time ago 4 years and 20 days ago some tasteless rat bastard took off with my junk home made banjo. It was so bad that I never locked it and left the keys it. I hated it and I hated playing even more but it go the job done.
I bought a cheap instrument, a Stagg made by our good friends in China. It's a 6 string job the I can put guitar strings on and do open tuning on. It sounds like a banjo doing guitar stuff. You can teach a parrot to say all kinds of stuff like the Gettysburg Address. All will still come out birdie flavored. This is one of them deals. A parrot will never do Shakespeare in the park correctly. This thing will pass for a banjo only on looks. All black with a black drum and a guitar head. The strings on it are to heavy, the tone goes out 2 feet and drops dead like a Fender Acoustic, good but too close to home. I only have one stock photo

Attachments

DavGrape

e pluribus concord
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool looking. Greasy slide might sound good.

Pete M

Reaction score
I would like this post if I could!

kevinpaul

Reaction score
Sure you can. I tune open G or D and I like slide on these things. I have a one in long brass ring that have use just on banjos. Any banjo is not wild about glass or steel slides. Brass gets it to sing. The neck is a tad narrow and the ring thing helps to pick out a pictular string in that traffic.

kevinpaul

Reaction score
Happy day, KP. Enjoy it in good health.:thumb:
Thank you and everyone else. Set up is a pain but difficult means it was worth it.
I always did the end of the Buffalo Springfield song Blue Bird. The end has a calming banjo end the song. I miss that but this week end I'll toss it in.

Latest Threads