Naturally aged/reliced reissues pictures

Zoli77

Reaction score
I was thinking that there must be some reissues that show signs of ageing/finish cracking and I’d love to see it. I’ve recently got a R8 VOS and was curious how they look after a few years if they are played a lot. So please show it off if you got it guys!

Zoli77

Reaction score
My beater TH59. Still sounds amazing although a fret job may be forthcoming in the near future

Amazing! Beautiful top and the checks and bumps look great too, wouldn’t mind for mine to look like this ina few years......

Phil W

Reaction score
None on my 2011 R9 (as new finish) but I store it cased in a dark and perfectly humidified room at 22C to 30C when not being played.

Pageburst

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is that all your own wear or was it an aged verison of the THs? Awesome looking guitar

Thanks, it’s all natural wear. When it became my main guitar it never saw a case unless I was transporting it. It was my only Les Paul for a couple years and served as the test axe for a variety of boutique PAFs. It was when the frets began to wear a bit that I saw about getting a back up Les Paul and ended up on a bit of a Les Paul buying spree. However I still love my TH59, wear and blemishes not withstanding.

sd_guitars

Reaction score
Thanks, it’s all natural wear. When it became my main guitar it never saw a case unless I was transporting it. It was my only Les Paul for a couple years and served as the test axe for a variety of boutique PAFs. It was when the frets began to wear a bit that I saw about getting a back up Les Paul and ended up on a bit of a Les Paul buying spree. However I still love my TH59, wear and blemishes not withstanding.
What kind of temperature changes did it go through to get that checking? I would love for my guitars to end up like that!

Pageburst

Reaction score
What kind of temperature changes did it go through to get that checking? I would love for my guitars to end up like that!

I think it was at the beach where most of the checking occurred. Maybe the humidity change from Ocean air to air conditioning

Zoli77

Reaction score
None on my 2011 R9 (as new finish) but I store it cased in a dark and perfectly humidified room at 22C to 30C when not being played.
Hats off to you for doing that, I just like to have my guitars around and besides I don’t have a place to keep the cases so I can take them out daily. The next best thing is the wall mount so I have a few of those.
So it looks like even with nitro if you take care of it, it won’t age much, and if you don’t, like pageburst it will.
I think this is the perfect outcome for Gibson, it appeases both parties.

Stib66

Reaction score
Beautiful photo and checking. The photo has kind of a Dutch still life quality to it.

Is your guitar exposed to a lot of temperature changes?

Sct13

Reaction score
Thanx.
No, no story… I just looked down while playing it at band practice… the lighting was different than at home… and I caught a glint…

It was winter here in Michigan, I did travel in the truck (F150) with it, and it was the first time it went to band. So I don’t have clue if it came that way…

then when I was at home practicing with it I looked closer with the light from my phone and more became apparent.

so that summer, we bought a chest freezer… and before we started loading it with food … I did a brief experiment and stuck it there…. The checks got slightly larger upon warming and a few more started down near the tail piece holes....

wife was like WTF? Why?

because I needed to know why it started in first pIace ....think it was going from a warm house to a cold truck rear floor( about 50 minutes) into warm house, against a warm body ....and poof..

I contemplated putting it back in the freezer to get more effect ... but the freezer is full now and there may be risks im not aware of...

I can tell you that thing never goes out of tune...

Zoli77

Reaction score
Thanx.
No, no story… I just looked down while playing it at band practice… the lighting was different than at home… and I caught a glint…

It was winter here in Michigan, I did travel in the truck (F150) with it, and it was the first time it went to band. So I don’t have clue if it came that way…

then when I was at home practicing with it I looked closer with the light from my phone and more became apparent.

so that summer, we bought a chest freezer… and before we started loading it with food … I did a brief experiment and stuck it there…. The checks got slightly larger upon warming and a few more started down near the tail piece holes....

wife was like WTF? Why?

because I needed to know why it started in first pIace ....think it was going from a warm house to a cold truck rear floor( about 50 minutes) into warm house, against a warm body ....and poof..

I contemplated putting it back in the freezer to get more effect ... but the freezer is full now and there may be risks im not aware of...

I can tell you that thing never goes out of tune...
I disagree, that’s a cool story, it took balls to stick it in the freezer, but now tou know. I’m not sure that I would’ve done the same but glad you did. It’s testament how well these guitars are built.
Mine stays in tune also, I should’ve bought one long time ago, thanks for sharing!!!

Latest Threads