Natural Norlin Appreciation Thread

Stinky Kitty

Premium Member
Reaction score
Will do!

I'm hoping to do the deed after next week. This is finals week, off to New Orleans next week for Professional Development, the day after I get back, grades are due..

THEN it's playtime!!!

Stinky Kitty

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, and the whole miraculous way it came back to me after 34 years would make a good movie! LOL!!!

Thank you! :cheers:
oohh that reminds me of other Natural Finish Norlins.. Around 1995 I traded in the 73 L6-S that I bought in 74.

IMAG1634[1].jpg

It was my first 'real' guitar. Replaced, not recovered it last year with another block inlay, bog stock. Need to make some pics.

Before that, I got a later (maybe 78, can't remember) dot marker minus its pickups and wired sort of like the reissue. Since this was before the block inlay mentioned above, I had to get a stock one to see how to restore the modded dot inlayed one.

20190429_202149.jpg

Wish I had stumbled on the Tele knob back in the day. That chicken head switch was brutal

DarrellV

Proud Member of the Golden Switch Tip Club
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well I'll be.... who is that handsome man!??

I never knew they came with block inlays.... but its Norlin!!! There ya go!

Stinky Kitty

Premium Member
Reaction score
@Stinky Kitty send me those T-tops you blasphemer.
Since prototypes were stripped, gutted and headstocks broken, this one was already a parts guitar when it arrived. No harm, no foul to try different things. The pots were from a Hamer and the caps were tiny yellow cylinders, now replaced with CTS and Russian snake oil caps. The T-Tops were mismatched, one stickered and one stamped. Both are now safely stashed away..

It's been an interesting journey to hear how this walnut slab sounds with different pick ups.

DarrellV

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey gents. Been out of town this week but kinda following. Dig the natural and plain tops:thumb: @DarrellV this unit is not quite natural.View attachment 425041
I can’t remember who was wondering but here’s a look at my fretless wonder 73. Different for sure.View attachment 425043
Thanks so much, mate!

Me and OP were talking about my love of wood grain as well as my solid color 82.

I was explaining that I was first attracted to LP with the Heritage 80 series...

So of course I think of yours...:dude:

OP was also wondering about FW frets compared to his LW frets of the 80's

Thanks for playing!~

jaycoyoyo

I would rather be playing guitar.
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can I show appreciation by saying that I want a 1982 Norlin? Specifically an ES guitar with Shaws. The reason being it is my birth year. I played a 1982 Dot at CME last year, and I connected with it in all aspects except my bank account balance. Someday...

-Jay

Ironskull4420

Reaction score
Thanks so much, mate!

Me and OP were talking about my love of wood grain as well as my solid color 82.

I was explaining that I was first attracted to LP with the Heritage 80 series...

So of course I think of yours...:dude:

OP was also wondering about FW frets compared to his LW frets of the 80's

Thanks for playing!~
That was probably me

DarrellV

Premium Member
Reaction score
That was probably me
Yup, it was...

OP Means Original Poster, the member that started the thread.. I keep forgetting it wasn't you.. you just bumped it! :facepalm:

Latest Threads