Natural Norlin Appreciation Thread

Epi 57 classic

Reaction score
My 1980 natural Custom. With the original T-tops. It official kills :cool:

When I bought it it didn't had the original covers so I put those frames one to protect the open T-tops from the side. Looks cool to me :naughty:

Great pictures here..Let's see more for Buzz:thumb: R.I.P Buzz....

Six Gun

Reaction score
In Honor of Buzz.

When we shared our Guitar Tips N Tricks I told him about removing the pick guards and cutting a round circle of the fuzzy side Velcro and sticking it to the nut on the under side of the pick guard. The nut for the metal anchor piece. Placing the velcro on the nut will help prevent the nut from marking-up the finish on the guitar.

Buzz will always be remembered here. I know he would be pleased to have his photos posted in the future. He took so much pride in his music and instruments. The discussions about the T-Tops to Shaws Pups transition. The list goes on.

Now lets see some guitars and music gear.

tvr

Reaction score
My 78 Custom, originally a Black Beauty, was a rough project in need of TLC when I got it, this was my attempt to rescue it and bring it back....look was inspired by BuzzHaze and his love of his natural....

[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

HardCore Troubadour

Reaction score
man!! that guitar gets me everytime...such a great job on this.

you need to post a before pic for these guys to really appreciate it.

tvr

Reaction score
Thanks Lee appreciate that....yea even the before pics dont show really show had sad it was :) Wish I had better pics of the black stain on back, the neck coated in poly like an old Fender etc....lots of scraping and BST in this one :)

JM2112

Reaction score
My 78 Custom, originally a Black Beauty, was a rough project in need of TLC when I got it, this was my attempt to rescue it and bring it back....look was inspired by BuzzHaze and his love of his natural....

[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
Wow! :wow:

I can't believe they put a solid finish over some awesome wood like that. At least use the plainest wood for finishes like ebony, alpine white, and gold top.

River used to have a guitar like this, wonder where's he's been and hope he's doing well.

tvr

Reaction score
JM2112, I was really surprised as well with the wood....i guess since it was a three piece top and the three pieces didn't "match" they decided paint was the option.....Didn't realize River had one similar, but agree his posts are missed

HardCore Troubadour

Reaction score
Ummmmmmm, excuse me.

EXCUSE ME?

When and where did you get that?

Have I missed something Bro....I do not remember you having one of these.

Probably better sell it to me....CHEAP!

:D really nice man.

JM2112

Reaction score
JM2112, I was really surprised as well with the wood....i guess since it was a three piece top and the three pieces didn't "match" they decided paint was the option.....Didn't realize River had one similar, but agree his posts are missed
That they don't match is what makes it look so darn awesome! Love the birds eye as the center piece. :thumb: :dude:

jojo

Reaction score
Love 'em!!
Let's see 'em in all their natural beauty!
My mid '77 to start it off..:naughty: Week 25 of '77 pot codes.

Despite the WINE RED stamp, she's never been refinished..others have seen this in theirs (different color stamps, BLACK has been seen here I know for sure.) Whoever refretted her is a master..clean work up and down the neck, I consider this a plus! **** the nibs, I don't even miss 'em!!

There is a small round sticker in the control cavity that says wine red as well..:hmm:

Clean headstock with original tuners. They hold tune just fine! The new nut is nice too! (probably replaced a brass one LOL..)

While not as deeply dished, there is SOME carve going on..it's not the total flat dome of the later 70's LPs..

Beautiful figuring on the one piece back..it's darker than many Naturals I've seen..

Fun fact, the Natural finish was a $50 upcharge, which is the equal to
$196.24 today!:shock:
Maybe they paid a lil more attention to these?
Post 'em!!
I just acquired this LP from Kris and I freaking LOVE it !!!!:wow: