Natural Norlin Appreciation Thread

Kris Ford

Reaction score
Love 'em!!
Let's see 'em in all their natural beauty!
My mid '77 to start it off..:naughty: Week 25 of '77 pot codes.

Despite the WINE RED stamp, she's never been refinished..others have seen this in theirs (different color stamps, BLACK has been seen here I know for sure.) Whoever refretted her is a master..clean work up and down the neck, I consider this a plus! Fvck the nibs, I don't even miss 'em!!

There is a small round sticker in the control cavity that says wine red as well..:hmm:

Clean headstock with original tuners. They hold tune just fine! The new nut is nice too! (probably replaced a brass one LOL..)

While not as deeply dished, there is SOME carve going on..it's not the total flat dome of the later 70's LPs..

Beautiful figuring on the one piece back..it's darker than many Naturals I've seen..

Fun fact, the Natural finish was a $50 upcharge, which is the equal to
$196.24 today!:shock:
Maybe they paid a lil more attention to these?
Post 'em!!

HardCore Troubadour

Reaction score
that is so awesome...I want a Natural but a goldtop MUST come first.

you could help the cause by buying the Deluxe.

JM2112

Reaction score
Well, you sure posted about one of my favorite things, Norlin LP's with a natural finish! I love being able to see the wood grain, and the three piece top that was being used at the time just made the guitar look even better. A couple other forum members have some really awesome natural Norlin LP's, too, so hopefully they'll be posting them.

Naturals Rock!!! :thumb:

Here's mine, a 77 LP Custom with its original T-top pick ups and pots along with my 85 LP Custom in tobacco burst in some of the pics:

Six Gun

Reaction score
the 1977, Locking Faber ABR1 w/Titanium saddles, Locking Faber Screws w/Callaham Stop, Ivory Nut. The finish is so smooth, whoever sprayed this guitar deserves an award. The new Nashville plant started off making killer guitars. ERO tone caps, tight grain hard as a rock rosewood with beautiful red tones, this wood will not wear out like the soft Indian Rosewood.

ARandall

Reaction score
I really love the way the naturals have aged into that beautiful golden/honey lustre. I'm sure new they would have been a bit bland.......kind of like some of the maple necks that Fender had in the 90's before the vintage tint gloss became the norm. Funnily enough now those necks are starting to get that nice aged depth too.

horand

Reaction score
Stripped to natural (from wine red originally) 1974 custom. Not the fanciest top, but a lovely guitar. HB-R in the neck, Duncan SH-4 in the bridge.

rikko

Reaction score
Love 'em!!
Let's see 'em in all their natural beauty!
My mid '77 to start it off..:naughty: Week 25 of '77 pot codes.

Despite the WINE RED stamp, she's never been refinished..others have seen this in theirs (different color stamps, BLACK has been seen here I know for sure.) Whoever refretted her is a master..clean work up and down the neck, I consider this a plus! Fvck the nibs, I don't even miss 'em!!

There is a small round sticker in the control cavity that says wine red as well..:hmm:

Clean headstock with original tuners. They hold tune just fine! The new nut is nice too! (probably replaced a brass one LOL..)

While not as deeply dished, there is SOME carve going on..it's not the total flat dome of the later 70's LPs..

Beautiful figuring on the one piece back..it's darker than many Naturals I've seen..

Fun fact, the Natural finish was a $50 upcharge, which is the equal to
$196.24 today!:shock:
Maybe they paid a lil more attention to these?
Post 'em!!
THAT IS SEXY.:wow:

rikko

Reaction score
LOVE the brown streak up the side!

(but then again, rikko loves nature's "perfect imperfections"...)

Six Gun

Reaction score
Here is a close-up pic of the Faber Locking ABR1 w/Titanium Saddles and the Faber Locking Screws w/Callaham Stop Bar. This ABR1 really changed the tone on this guitar. Click to see the close-up.

Below, here is the guitar with the original Nashville bridge hardware before I changed it out. Notice how crooked the pickguard was too.

Below is member Buzzhaze 1979 Custom,

He has a nice Natural collection, all mint condition gear.

This is Buzzhaze mint 1980 Standard natural, anyone seen him around?

Six Gun

Reaction score
I can't believe it. RIP to Buzz aka Bruce,

One of my favorite friends here, I'm still in shock.
BBL