National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day

Bud Stoner

Something Something Jedi...
Reaction score
Only one of the three USS Arizona survivors are going to make it to the memorial.

He's 94 I believe, and the other two who are 100 and 97 years old are unable to attend.

Weird fact, the Arizona explosion was the most powerful explosion ever created by man until Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

LocoTex

Reaction score
Sadly, we may be the last generation to remember. My 17 year old granddaughter hasn't been taught about it since elementary school. Go ahead, say "okay boomer." We are the last to honor the courage of true "warriors", not just men in uniform.

MSB

Reaction score
I don't think that was a mistake. It would have been a lot more deadly fighting them with conventional warfare.
I meant the flight in from Cali on the 7th, that when the Japanese force was picked up on radar was blamed for. We had all the info that morning to not only defend ourselves, but put a good hurt on the planes that did make it to Oahu. We, to be blunt, were racist and arrogant. We didn't think the Japanese were smart enough to attack a shallow harbor, when it was clearly done a little over a year before by the British. So, you're right, how not to do war exactly. The fact everyone wasn't at general quarters after the midget subs is further evidence of just blatant neglect of common sense and procedures.

but i'm sure Kimmel never held any hard feelings

Last edited:

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
Sadly, we may be the last generation to remember. My 17 year old granddaughter hasn't been taught about it since elementary school. Go ahead, say "okay boomer." We are the last to honor the courage of true "warriors", not just men in uniform.
I hope you are wrong ...

I know the date (not in 1941) well. Remember Pearl Harbor. Most of the adults I knew as a kid served directly in the war in some capacity.

don't worry, its just some B-17s...
Do you mean "Don't worry, it is a single B-29 on reconnaissance".?

Last edited:

MSB

Reaction score
I hope you are wrong ...

I know the date (not in 1941) well. Remember Pearl Harbor. Most of the adults I knew as a kid directly served in the war in some capacity.

Do you mean "Don't worry, it is a single B-29 on reconnaissance".?

dang, some of you guys, that's twice now. NO! I don't. On the 7th the initial Japanese force when picked up on radar were assumed to be the flight of B-17s coming in from California.

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
dang, some of you guys, that's twice now. NO! I don't. On the 7th the initial Japanese force when picked up on radar were assumed to be the flight of B-17s coming in from California.
Ah, I know that quote as well. Please accept my apologies ...

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Some things should never be forgotten. This is one of those things.

Thank you to all who served to keep us free and to defend our liberty. You are good men and women.

Your sacrifices should always be remembered with honor.

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
My father and my grandfather fought in the same war.

Dad was Army, but grandad was career Navy.

He was a Senior Chief at PH during the attack. Lot happened that day.

He won the Navy Cross and earned himself a battlefield commission for his actions on the USS Nevada that day.