National Anthem butchered yet again

Bluesky

Reaction score
I never liked that style of singing with those long runs at the end of a note. Her voice had an annoying nasal quality to it. BUT that said... I was happy to see athletes paying respect to the flag, veterans , and this great country. I was worried a few yrs ago that we might not .

judson

Reaction score
didnt click on the vid

driving home an hour ago it came on the radio , maybe 30 seconds of it.....

i slammed on my brakes cuz i thought i ran over two cats fucking but it was only Phuka Con.....

everyone wants to be Whitney...that was a performance that no one has topped...

scott1970

Reaction score
Aw man ... with printed lyrics and all. :sadwave:

Something I learned long ago - practice!
He actually practiced a whole bunch, but he blanked once he got in front of the crowd. And the annual fallen officer memorial draws a big crowd featuring front row seats full of wives, children and parents of murdered police.

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
He actually practiced a whole bunch, but he blanked once he got in front of the crowd. And the annual fallen officer memorial draws a big crowd featuring front row seats full of wives, children and parents of murdered police.
Practiced with printed lyrics?

No matter, I really feel for him. Did everything eventually level itself out?

Fiesta Red

Reaction score
I think singing the anthem at sporting events is stupid and pointless and kind of creepy to begin with. So when someone butchers it, what did you expect really?
We're supposed to expect that it gets butchered because you think it is stupid and pointless?

OldBenKenobi

Reaction score
We're supposed to expect that it gets butchered because you think it is stupid and pointless?
Yes. National anthem + Casual occasion + Nationally televised + Celebrity = recipe for disaster. Host a funeral and allow for casual attire and you're inevitably going to get a joker in a tuxedo T-shirt.

Reactions: Who

scott1970

Reaction score
Practiced with printed lyrics?

No matter, I really feel for him. Did everything eventually level itself out?
Well, he was humiliated on a national level, and his ultimate embarrassment is forever available to watch on the internet......but, he gave it another go at a later event and did fine. He is retired now.

Reactions: Who

Latest Threads