NAMM FR introduces retrofit Floyd for Les Paul's

77custom

Reaction score
They tried this in the 80's. It didn't catch on. I actually like the older design better.
floydpaul1.jpg

floydonpaul.jpeg

That's my old Deluxe. I sent them that picture cuz, they didn't have a pic with one of those installed. I sold the guitar about 3 or 4 years ago on ebay. The Floyd was okay.

Shawn Lutz

Reaction score
glad its finally out. If anything like the original FR it will be good quality. I like that it is total reversible so you don't need to hack up a good Les Paul ;)

Powerguitars

Reaction score
Made in Korea? Why? It's also strange that they do not have photos of the nut yet, probably still trying to get it right and not producing any just yet!
I would be interested but not changing to a locking nut with cutting anything at the weak point of the neck! Perhaps it will work well with a good regular nut and locking tuners?

Tom.Ashworth

Reaction score
Will definitely have to keep an eye out for this.cheers for the heads up :)

EddieY

Reaction score
Made in Korea? Why? It's also strange that they do not have photos of the nut yet, probably still trying to get it right and not producing any just yet!
I would be interested but not changing to a locking nut with cutting anything at the weak point of the neck! Perhaps it will work well with a good regular nut and locking tuners?

There are some pictures I found that show the nut as well. It looks like "behind the nut" type of deal similar to a Kahler nut. Looks like two screw holes would have to be made in order to attach it to a headstock anyway.

banner-home_FRX_3.jpg

542666_612337405448107_764686773_n.jpg

BIfFxKbCYAEyblk.jpg

Perhaps this could also be done with the "string-lock" from Sta-Tuned. I have one of this on my LP which has a fine tuning Schaller tailpiece. No drilling needed whatsoever. BTW - it stays in tune for weeks... I don't have a trem on it though so I don't not know how well it would work in this case.

g-style-system-image2.jpg

nagha

Reaction score
I couldn't get tickets this year but I have a friend there. I'm hoping to get a video to post here today.

:fingersx:

RangerJay

Glam Bastard
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
To me, one of those things on a Les Paul is just wrong.

Oh yeah, get off my lawn!

nagha

Reaction score
I just don't get this type of company. It's 2014. Video demos on websites are standard. These guys are proud to announce something at NAMM. Who gives a crap? If I can't see what it's capable of doing, what in God's name makes them think I will want to buy it?

If you can't adapt to the changes, you deserve to go extinct.

EddieY

Reaction score
An update from NAMM 2014 The Man himself
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CVd8MxdcFI]NAMM 2014: Floyd Rose FRX Top Mount - YouTube[/ame]

EddieY

Reaction score
The Floyd Rose website lists it at $259 (US) MSRP. No clue about the actual "street" price though and it's not available in any stores yet. As far as the stockers go, I imagine that whoever sells Floyd Rose products now like MF, GC, Warmoth, WD Music would offer these bridges as well. We shall see...

Latest Threads