Names?

martyn_lee

Reaction score
Hey - newbie so bare with me -

I love naming my guitars, makes them so much more personal to me for some reason.

Sunburst Epiphone LP junior with a P90 called Alabama.
Black Gretsch g5434 called Gina
Black Vintage (as in JHS etc not 'old') SG called Betty.

I had an Epiphone studio in wine red called Tellulah,
and a Vintage Zip in pink called Marilyn.

I had reasons for all the names too so it makes the guitars a bit more 'mine' rather than just a tool.

Laggspike

Reaction score
No names yet on my guitar, unless im cursing at it :) but no further details on that haha

GitFiddle

Reaction score
You're like my Dad.

My first ten years I thought my name was, "Boy."

"C'mere Boy!"

"Hey Boy,..go cut the lawn."

"Don't talk back to your Mother, Boy!"

:laugh2:

I kid, I kid,.......sorta.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LCsiWL6gn0]Foghorn Leghorn Rant! - YouTube[/ame]

g8tr

Elitist Club Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My Trib+ in Midnight Ebony named herself right out of the box, Evy. None of my other gits have names. :cool:

mgenet

Cheese Burger = Earth
Premium Member
Reaction score
This forum is starting to feel like Hollywood...

LocoTex

Reaction score
I call mine "the red one" and "the white one".

skydog

Reaction score
I saw a western once, where this cowboy rode into town and a kid ran up to him and asked him what his horse's name was. The cowboy looked at him and said, “son, you don't name something you may have to eat on the trail”. The look on that kid's face was priceless and I wondered if he had no advance warning in order to solicit that response. Anyway, I never felt the need to name a guitar. Or a car either.

Brian Krashpad

Reaction score
Zombie thread revived!

I started naming my guitars when my kids were little, back in the '90s. They enjoyed it, but I always thought it was a cool tradition anyhow, what with BB's "Lucille" and Eric Clapton's "Blackie" and Mike Campbell's "Red Dog" and Neil Young's "Old Black," etc.

I never got around to naming the 2 or 3 acoustics I own, but all the electrics do have names:

From top to bottom:
Column 1:
Paula, Ruby, Cherie, Shirley, Joan, Seven, Brownie, Goldie, Coco

Column 2:
Blondie, Ol' Blue, Delia, Mary, Ari, Cassandra, Dani, Nell, Sonia

Column 3:
Chrissie, Theresa, Rickie, Johnnie, Birdie, Corrina, Checkers, Natalie, Whitney

All of the names have some logic to them. Often a color or model reference. You can probably figure most of them out, but a few of the explanations are not obvious. If anyone wants to know why any particular one has its specific name, I'll be happy to supply the story. ;)

Darth_Tar

Reaction score
My wife usually names my guitars: Yamaha AES 1500 white archtop-Sky White.
Yamaha AX-2- Smokey because she thinks the DiMarzio pickups virtual P90s sound bluesy!
Gibson SG-3- Infinity
I named my Gibson 1975 Les Paul Signature semi solid Excalibur, I have had it about 42 years.
Epi Tribute to 55 Les Paul- Nexus Prime JUST BECAUSE! I have more guitars but those are the ones we've named!

Darth_Tar

Reaction score
Zombie thread revived!

I started naming my guitars when my kids were little, back in the '90s. They enjoyed it, but I always thought it was a cool tradition anyhow, what with BB's "Lucille" and Eric Clapton's "Blackie" and Mike Campbell's "Red Dog" and Neil Young's "Old Black," etc.

I never got around to naming the 2 or 3 acoustics I own, but all the electrics do have names:

From top to bottom:
Column 1:
Paula, Ruby, Cherie, Shirley, Joan, Seven, Brownie, Goldie, Coco

Column 2:
Blondie, Ol' Blue, Delia, Mary, Ari, Cassandra, Dani, Nell, Sonia

Column 3:
Chrissie, Theresa, Rickie, Johnnie, Birdie, Corrina, Checkers, Natalie, Whitney

All of the names have some logic to them. Often a color or model reference. You can probably figure most of them out, but a few of the explanations are not obvious. If anyone wants to know why any particular one has its specific name, I'll be happy to supply the story. ;)
IMPRESSIVE!!