Name that tone

Slim fatman

Reaction score
Wondering what kind of rig is getting this tone? The picture looks like a tele but to me it sounds like a Gibson humbucker on neck pickup cranked through a clean amp?

Any guess on his setup and amp based on the sound? Love this tone.

ErictheRed

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It definitely sounds like a cranked Fender of some kind, it could be many different ones: a Deluxe? Also I forget the name and am too lazy to Google it, but most likely the guitar in the picture is one of those 4-knob Teles with dual humbuckers that were popular in the 70s through 90s. Telecaster Deluxe or something?

TXOldRedRocker

Tech pays the bills. Not a fan of tech.
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
HorizontalCouch.jpg

cmjohnson

Reaction score
Go to YouTube and you'll find some Bryan Lee live videos. There you can see the guitars and amps that are being used.

No surprise, Fender amps are usually to be seen. It's just variations on the common theme, a cranked tweed bassman or blackface Fender and a neck pickup.

ARandall

Reaction score
The V's have a unique tone on the neck. I can see why that guy and Albert king got that sort of tone - they have a lot of similarities. Its like a humbucker but without the fatness. Lots of bite and no mud. Bridge pickups on V's have some of that too......