NAD

Roman4405

Reaction score
I decided to sell two of my MiM Teles to get an LP Special. So I listed it on CL and a day letter someone offered me a Mesa Lonestar Special. I had played through a buddy’s at church about ten years ago and knew it was awesome so I went for it. I really like my Deluxe Reverb so I figured I’d just flip whichever one I liked least.

Long story short, I have a Deluxe Reverb listed for sale. The Mesa is amazing, the Clean Channel sounds beautiful and the Drive Channel gives me the perfect edge of breakup tone that I love. MySun Face and the EP booster play great with it. The ability to switch each channel between 5, 15, and 30 watts is a great feature, so is the independent reverb for each channel.

It’s the perfect amp for me. Sounds great at low volume at home and can easily handle for the times I’ll need to take it for Church events.

cherrysunburst00

TUBE AMP JUNKIE FOR LIFE
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I decided to sell two of my MiM Teles to get an LP Special. So I listed it on CL and a day letter someone offered me a Mesa Lonestar Special. I had played through a buddy’s at church about ten years ago and knew it was awesome so I went for it. I really like my Deluxe Reverb so I figured I’d just flip whichever one I liked least.

Long story short, I have a Deluxe Reverb listed for sale. The Mesa is amazing, the Clean Channel sounds beautiful and the Drive Channel gives me the perfect edge of breakup tone that I love. MySun Face and the EP booster play great with it. The ability to switch each channel between 5, 15, and 30 watts is a great feature, so is the independent reverb for each channel.

It’s the perfect amp for me. Sounds great at low volume at home and can easily handle for the times I’ll need to take it for Church events.
BAD ASS!!!!!

Pics???

Hogie34

Reaction score

You sir, are in violation of the MyLesPaul super secret, located in the fine print on a rock, hidden in a cave in Utah, rules for posting. It is required to post obligatory pics with ANY and I mean ANY, guitar related purchase, trade or inheritance. Hey man, not my rules, I just go with the flow.

cherrysunburst00

TUBE AMP JUNKIE FOR LIFE
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
You sir, are in violation of the MyLesPaul super secret, located in the fine print on a rock, hidden in a cave in Utah, rules for posting. It is required to post obligatory pics with ANY and I mean ANY, guitar related purchase, trade or inheritance. Hey man, not my rules, I just go with the flow.
Pics, or it didn't happen???

Roman4405

Reaction score
I know, i keep getting that damn message that the pics are too big. Never had that problem with anything else unfortunately. Here you go.
CC966F9D-2B08-43A3-AA9F-525700DA91D6.jpeg
785BC94F-3923-42C0-8636-DCA19172B783.jpeg
C1571445-E629-481F-A7AC-1CF4914A501D.jpeg

I really do love the tone of this amp. I’ve never had one amp where I loved the clean and the drive sound, and it sounds just damn glorious at low volume. It’s literally the perfect amp for me. I love playing this thing, I’ve barely used a drive pedal, just my EP Booster and my Sun Face. It’s that good.

Hogie34

Reaction score
That is one bad ass rig ! I absolutely love the way Mesa uses different Tolex colors/textures and trim to make their amps look so dang classy. Still love my black and gold Marshall’s , but there is something about a custom covered Mesa.

Last edited:

simon connor

Reaction score
I have one of these as well and I love it. I bought it because I wanted a simple, no pedals setup, and it definitely got me there. I wanted the 5 watt setting for playing at home (turns out it's still way too loud!) but exploring the other power settings in a band setting has been blowing me away (pre-covid, anyway.) I've never had a two channel amp where I love both channels - usually the drive channel is kind of sub-par, but not this one. I really like both channels a lot. It's like having two really nice amps in one box. My current favorite setup is to use the first channel on the 30w setting for cleans, and the second channel on 5w for leads. And then I discovered the "drive" knob. Oh my... The amp is heavy as can be though. Fortunately mine came with wheels on it. Enjoy your new amp!

Last edited:

cherrysunburst00

TUBE AMP JUNKIE FOR LIFE
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know, i keep getting that damn message that the pics are too big. Never had that problem with anything else unfortunately. Here you go.
View attachment 496944 View attachment 496945 View attachment 496946
I really do love the tone of this amp. I’ve never had one amp where I loved the clean and the drive sound, and it sounds just damn glorious at low volume. It’s literally the perfect amp for me. I love playing this thing, I’ve barely used a drive pedal, just my EP Booster and my Sun Face. It’s that good.
BAD ASSSS

Latest Threads