Nad!!!!

Snap26

Reaction score
Going to pick up a Preavey Windsor head with a Marshall JCM 900 Lead 1960a cab!! Will post pics soon!!! So excited!!!!!! thanks for everyones patience and help!!

Snap26

Reaction score
img2011080900003.jpg

Phildog

Reaction score
Happy NGD Snap!!! A couple of years ago, I played a couple of Windsor heads and really liked them. But that was when I was just starting to get into tube amps, so I didn't get it because I wanted to see what else was out there. I DO remember them sounding pretty good and LOUD! LOL The guy who owned it pulled off some wicked distortion (jamming to Zepp), and he did some nice Blues tones on it too. I was definitely impressed with it. Your Gibby and the Schect should really scream now. Do you plan to use any pedals with it? The guy who played the one I demo'd had a Big Muff that sounded really good with the Windsor. Oh, did I say it was LOUD!!! LOL

Enjoy it my friend!

WVChrome

Reaction score
Looking good. I heard one awhile back and it sounded pretty good. I was mostly turned away by the single channel. Bet that cuts through the mix for ya!

Later,
Chrome...

sshirley

Reaction score
Awesome and congrats! I saw a video a while back, may have been on the Peavey site, where they were doing a blind sound test between the Windor and a classic Marshall and at volume, you couldn't tell the difference.

Snap26

Reaction score
Haha thanks guys!! It kicks ass! Im trying to get a metaly (high gain) sound out of it, so im getting an ibanez ts9 and a bose ns2. See how it sounds

Kalamazuu

Reaction score
Haha thanks guys!! It kicks ass! Im trying to get a metaly (high gain) sound out of it, so im getting an ibanez ts9 and a bose ns2. See how it sounds

I've been looking into getting a TS-9, and I watched a video of "The Tone King" compare it to a Bad Monkey, and they sounded pretty much the same, and the Bad Monkey has an extra tone control and costs half as much.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns09S7xnX7A]Bad Monkey vs Tube Screamer TS9 Shoot-Out - Digitech vs Ibanez - 30 Pedals Day #27 NAMM 2011 11 TS-9 - YouTube[/ame]

Happy NAD!

snaredrum

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i've got one of them. my attenuator crapped out and blew something up, so it's just sat in my spare room now. i liked it while it worked though :D

Snap26

Reaction score

lespaul01

Banned
Reaction score
Oh Snap!/// That looks great,. Ill always have a love for peavey being my first tube amp. Hope you love it !

Montrose

Reaction score
Congrats! Looks like new. I think I see a cat in the background...

Snap26

Reaction score
Thanks alot guys, its an exciting time! I found an Ibanez ts-9 for $65, so what the hell :p

Latest Threads