NAD x2!! Jose Arrendondo modded 1971 100 watt Marshall Super Leads!

Rezamatix

Reaction score
Well, this was an interesting couple of days. I managed to get two All original Jose modded Marshalls.
Both are 1971 Super Leads. Both have been verified by Dave Friedman, and they are with him now as he gets them all serviced and ready for duty. Of course I will be making some videos of them.

I have a lot of pictures, gut shots etc, but I figured I would share this for now!

Ph03n1x

Reaction score
I never really looked into Marshalls until a few months back. I quickly realized that the 100w super lead is probably what I would have wanted if I was a Marshall guy. What do the mods do to the amp? And how does one obtain 2 at the same time?

rykus

Reaction score
Crazy you found 2! Did the same person have them?

We definitely need more back story... he offered a few mods do you know if the amps are similarly modded?

Always liked the 50w bit looser Marshall tone myself but some of the modded heads are fire breathers!

Rezamatix

Reaction score
Crazy you found 2! Did the same person have them?

We definitely need more back story... he offered a few mods do you know if the amps are similarly modded?

Always liked the 50w bit looser Marshall tone myself but some of the modded heads are fire breathers!
the amps have identical mods, original buyer/owner who commissioned the mods on 2 similar amps he owed from Jose himself. Bought them from his son now that the father has passed, the son is liquidating all his gear. He said his dad was in a famous band in mexico, and played both halfstacks in stereo

Deftone

Reaction score
the amps have identical mods, original buyer/owner who commissioned the mods on 2 similar amps he owed from Jose himself. Bought them from his son now that the father has passed, the son is liquidating all his gear. He said his dad was in a famous band in mexico, and played both halfstacks in stereo
Stereo is the only way to go. Got a link for the band/previous owner?

Midnight Blues

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
They look like mine that I sold about 40 years ago. Had a MV added on the back panel.

Congrats and HNMAD x 2!! :applause: :applause: :rock: :rock: :dude: :dude: :headbanger: :headbanger:

Deftone

Reaction score
Well, this was an interesting couple of days. I managed to get two All original Jose modded Marshalls.
Both are 1971 Super Leads. Both have been verified by Dave Friedman, and they are with him now as he gets them all serviced and ready for duty. Of course I will be making some videos of them.

I have a lot of pictures, gut shots etc, but I figured I would share this for now!

So my question is: In your experience, which amp available today most sounds like these Jose Modded Marshalls?

I'd assume that since Dave Friedman probably knows more about them than anyone alive, that one of his amps is the closest.

Rezamatix

Reaction score
So my question is: In your experience, which amp available today most sounds like these Jose Modded Marshalls?

I'd assume that since Dave Friedman probably knows more about them than anyone alive, that one of his amps is the closest.
Dave is coming out with a series that's gonna be very close to this sound. the "feel" tho, is something only vintage marshalls give you.

Latest Threads