NAD Vox Brian May VBM-1

King Minimoose

Reaction score
Hello all,

I was visiting some family friends in Medford this weekend. My girlfriend and I were walking around town when we passed a pawn shop. Since there aren't very many pawn shops around my neck of the woods, I took a glance through the window and noticed a tiny white Vox amp sitting there, and I knew what it was. After checking out a different store, we went in the pawn shop and there it was, a Vox VBM-1. I played it to make sure that it worked, which it did, and I bought it for $100. It's an awesome little amp. Does exactly what it says on the tin and was a steal for $100. I like that you can plug it into an extension speaker; I plugged it in to a Vox cab with Alnico Blues and it sounds great.

sonar

Reaction score
Nice score!

I bought one when they came out. I was at the old Make n' Music in Chicago and they somehow got a bunch before the official release. Sales guy told me all who played one in the store had a huge grin. Iirc they sold out in a couple days. That says something, as Make n' Music back then catered to the high end and vintage players.

Mine had an insane amount of gain and was way too noisy for any guitar with single coils, but that little sucker screamed with a Les Paul.

zombiwoof

Reaction score
Is this supposed to be a scaled-down version of the Vox sig amp, or a replica of the Deacy amp?.
Al

sonar

Reaction score
Combination of the Deacy (with battery sim) and treble booster. Don’t know how true they were to the original in design.