NAD Vox AC15 Handwired

integra evan

Reaction score
Picked up a nice handwired Vox AC15, the version with a Celestion Greenback speaker. What a killer amp! Very responsive, depending on the guitar I'm using it can get into quite some high gain, yet clean up really well. Definitely an impressive amp, and it looks sweet too. It's big and heavy lol. I'll have to get a foot switch for it. I'm actually wondering if I can get a 4 way ABCD selector box so I can plug in both channels on both inputs of each channel, then select which one I want with the stomp box. Not sure how the circuit works, if that is possible at all.

20200111_205205-3024x2268.jpg

ARandall

Reaction score
Personally I'd just go an ABY - to get access to either/both channels. The low/high inputs are just input attenuated versions of the same channel and to my mind less worth going out of the way to have.

bblooz

Reaction score
Morley Quad Box. Will allow you to run either the top boost or normal channel or both simultaneously.

Case24

Reaction score
Very nice amp! Congratulations! I use a Radial Bigshot ABY to switch channels or use both channels at once on my 18 watt and 5E3 clones.

integra evan

Reaction score
Thank you for the recommendations! I'll try one of the ABY boxes so I can run either or both at the same time.
Thanks! Awesome amp. Really like how all my guitars sound through it. Also takes pedals well, which is nice.

ARandall

Reaction score
I got/tried one a while back.. But it either didn't like the pedals I had, or achieve what I wanted to hear from them. I think I was used to what you got from that blackface Fender + pedal combo. So the Vox top end sparkle part wasn't what I was after.
But I somewhat regret not keeping it.....it would have been a great thing to have. I ended up getting a Vox AC 10 combo after hearing the more rock tones from them.

integra evan

Reaction score
I got/tried one a while back.. But it either didn't like the pedals I had, or achieve what I wanted to hear from them. I think I was used to what you got from that blackface Fender + pedal combo. So the Vox top end sparkle part wasn't what I was after.
But I somewhat regret not keeping it.....it would have been a great thing to have. I ended up getting a Vox AC 10 combo after hearing the more rock tones from them.
Yeah definitely a different tone than a Blackface. Interesting yours didn't react to pedals well - from what I've read from different users, these amps have taken pedals well.