NAD - Orange TH30C

Kezia

Reaction score
I've been a fan of big ol' heavy amps for as long as I can remember. My old rig used to be A/B-ing a Marshall DSL100 Half Stack with a Vox AC30, then a JC120/AC30 combo, and lately I've been using a Music Man 65 with a 2x12 avatar cab. Sounds great, but it's too loud and too huge for my small house and it's become a pain in the back to haul around.

After talking with my wife, she convinced me to get a smaller amp to use at home. That wasn't really good enough for me though, I wanted an amp that's small enough to use at home but still loud enough to gig with if need be in case I don't wanna haul around the MM setup. Did a bunch of research, tried out several different amps, and after a couple months I finally settled on an Orange TH30. Much to my friends' surprise, since I've never really been an Orange guy.

First off, this thing can get LOUD. Even at 7 watts it's loud enough to bother the neighbors, but still sounds stellar when turned down. The clean channel sparkles and shines, the dirty channel can do anything from a light crunch to some fizzy Dimebag-reminiscent tones with the gain turned all the way up. Really impressed with the versatility of this thing. Can't wait to push it up to full 30 watts at practice next week.

Attachments

Central Scrutinizer

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Orange Club.
I love them, just wish one was a combo like you have.
Very versatile amps.
Would love to buy an AD30, which I don’t need.
Envision myself playing loud in the horse pasture, no neighbors for miles.
Again, congratulations.

Kalamazuu

Reaction score
Congrats! I've always been curious about Orange, haven't really had a good chance to try one out yet

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Congrats, definitely a great amp! I had one for a few years, the TH30 head with the PPC212V cab both in black looking killer and the gain is to die for. I hope you enjoy it for many years to come. :dude:

Latest Threads