NAD - Orange OR15 with PPC112 Cabinet

Gryphon

Reaction score
PXL_20210311_020143417 - Small.jpg

This is my first Orange amp and I'm very impressed. I've previously owned a JCM900 Hi Gain, Blues Junior, and Egnater Tweaker. The design of the preamp is remarkable - it goes from Marshall/Vox -ish cleans all the way up to more distortion than I will ever use, and you can get any of those tones at low volume if you want. Controls are very linear; even the tone controls actually change the tone in a plasing and useful way. Example - I cut the bass by a quarter turn and it sounded just like I'd switched from 12" speaker to 10". In sum, this does Beatles to Sabbath with ease.

I'd also like to mention the PPC112 cab; everyone praises the Orange 2x12 cabs (and rightly so) but I think that a lot of the reason I like the tones coming from the amp so much is that this 1x12 cab doesn't stuff them up (looking at you, Blues Jr). Cab is closed back with a Vintage 30, it sounds big (and it is big for a 1x12) but clearly they have done this right. Okay, $379 for a 1x12 cab isnt cheap but I cant make the amp sound bad with it.

Very pleased with the head and cab package. If you are looking for an amp somewhere between Vox and Marshall for Beatles to Sabbath tones, check out Orange - I'm glad I did.

Last edited:

Classicplayer

Reaction score
I've been eyeing a Black Tolex version of this. The Les Paul OR/V30 is a potent setup.

You'll appreciate the V30 even more once it's broken in, because the cone will flex more, soften any harness of it's initial response characteristics.

Classicplayer

Latest Threads