NAD Orange AD30HTC Mini Stack

tzd

Reaction score
I've actually got the head a month ago, but I just scored the matching PPC112 cab so now I can show it!

This is a very special amp. Plug your guitar directly into it with a cable, roll off your guitar's volume knob and you get a wide array of sweet, chimey, 3 dimensional tone that breaks up beautifully as you roll up your volume. But if you add anything else to the signal chain - pedal, wireless unit or attenuator, for example - the sound becomes flat. This amp is meant to played on its own.

The PPC112 cab surprised me too. I've used this cab before in the past with my Marshall, it didn't sound so good, very harsh and fizzy. I had gotten rid of it. I bought it again this time just to have a matching cab for the head. I was planning to replace the Vintage 30 with my Creamback, but when I plugged it in to test, the amp and cab sound like they were made for each other. It sounds so good I am no longer swapping the speaker.

IMG_1461.jpg

lunchbox

Reaction score
Nice amp! Congrats! Get 1 more PPC112 and you’ll have a mini-stack.

I had an OR15 mini-stack which sounded amazing at lower volumes, but just couldn’t do it in a band situation. But it’s an amazing recording amp. Switched to a CR120 with PPC412. Sounded awesome.

cherrysunburst00

TUBE AMP JUNKIE FOR LIFE BAD ASS
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
DA-UM!!

Those are 2 super SWEET amp set-ups ya gots yourself there. Congrats, and (I HAVE TO SAY IT)...

BAD ASS :p :p :p

JaxLPGuy

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd only played around with the mini amps like the Dark Terror (I think that's it). The other day I was checking out 335s/339s and plugged into a Rocker 35. That sounded awesome, especially dirty. I need more amps like a hole in the head but now I want one.

Congrats on the new stack!

Reactions: tzd

tzd

Reaction score
That’s my dream Orange right there, congrats!
DA-UM!!

Those are 2 super SWEET amp set-ups ya gots yourself there. Congrats, and (I HAVE TO SAY IT)...

BAD ASS :p :p :p
Thanks all! AD30 was the first tube amp I ever demo'ed in a music store and has been haunting me ever since. These two are my dream amps, mission accomplished... where do we go now?

cherrysunburst00

TUBE AMP JUNKIE FOR LIFE BAD ASS
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks all! AD30 was the first tube amp I ever demo'ed in a music store and has been haunting me ever since. These two are my dream amps, mission accomplished... where do we go now?
Oh there are plenty of places to go: Independent Amp Makers

tzd

Reaction score
+1 The AD30 sounds even better with another V30 added, the closed cab 2x12 orange box is the perfect match. Or in your case, hook it up to both speakers and see for yourself!
I have a Greenback in the Marshall cab, and a Creamback in a VBox cab sitting behind the Orange, so yeah, lots of opportunity to mix and match speakers!

Eigen

Reaction score
Do it!, the extra speaker really fills in the AD30's growl.

rxbandit

Reaction score
AD30 is such a great amp! I owned one for a while and will own one again in the future, congrats!

Classicplayer

Reaction score
TZD, Welcome to the Orange side! They don't really need a pedal other than reverb or delay type. That first PPC112 you had may not have been broken in enough. A PPC212 would make that into quite a sound. Save up and think about it.

Classicplayer

tzd

Reaction score
TZD, Welcome to the Orange side! They don't really need a pedal other than reverb or delay type. That first PPC112 you had may not have been broken in enough. A PPC212 would make that into quite a sound. Save up and think about it.
Thanks Classicplayer, I am out of space for any more cabs!

Latest Threads