NAD Mesa Single Rectifier V2

Deftone

Reaction score
I always wanted a Mesa Single Rec + the metal grill half back 4x12. Spotted this one on CL for a reasonable price and the seller says he wants to trade for a Marshall. I guess I could part with the JCM900 DR, so I hit him up and he says that's exactly what he's looking for.

So I send him pics but his buddy offers him a sweet deal on another 900 half stack that's really clean. I'm already drooling so I make the 2 hr drive (each way) and I just give him cash. Now he tells me the other guy is ghosting him.

The Cab has V30's in it which to me is another huge plus. The halfback cab is closed back on the bottom and open on the top. So it's like a and open back 2x12 stacked on top of a closed back 2x12. Height & width are smaller than a Marshall, but it's deeper. Sounds fucking amazing.

The head is a version two which has a bias switch so you can swap out the 6L6's for EL34's, and a three-position mode switch labeled "Raw/Vintage/Modern" on the front panel.

As soon as I played I knew I was taking it home.

Not sure I want to let go of the 900 DR though. I still love that amp.

JohnnyN

Just another old geezer
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! :)

redking

Reaction score
I've been somewhat interested in getting one too since I found out this amp was half the equation on Soundgarden's Superunknown, blended with a fawn Marshall JMP.

ErictheRed

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I had one of those half open, half closed vertical 2x12" Mesa cabs and loved it. Ended up selling it to get a Recto vertical 2x12". I'd have loved to find the 4x12" version, because they're actually pretty compact for a 4x12" cab.

My only complaint was that I didn't think that a Vintage 30 sounded very good in the open part (mine had two V30s as well), so I swapped it for a Creamback H75 and thought it sounded great.

Deftone

Reaction score
I had one of those half open, half closed vertical 2x12" Mesa cabs and loved it. Ended up selling it to get a Recto vertical 2x12". I'd have loved to find the 4x12" version, because they're actually pretty compact for a 4x12" cab.

My only complaint was that I didn't think that a Vintage 30 sounded very good in the open part (mine had two V30s as well), so I swapped it for a Creamback H75 and thought it sounded great.
I've been thinking the same thing. I just scored a couple G12T-75's from @Central Scrutinizer and I might try them in there. Another thought, I might try closing the back completely.

One thing is for sure, It's a LOUD cab.

Deftone

Reaction score
I've been thinking the same thing. I just scored a couple G12T-75's from @Central Scrutinizer and I might try them in there. Another thought, I might try closing the back completely.

One thing is for sure, It's a LOUD cab.
I just noticed the Mesa has 8ohm speakers and all the rest of mine are 16ohm.

Latest Threads