NAD Mesa Mark V

George_92

Reaction score
Well, after two weeks of waiting(it would have been here three days ago, however Fedex decided to delay it for two days, than released it, than delayed it an extra day...) it's finally here! :D

With the 1/2 hour I had with it...It's built like a tank, super solid feeling. All the knobs are weighted, simply put it's quality built.

I was only able to play it for a little while, but super impressed! Couldn't get a bad sound out of it. It sounds great through the green back reissues(still wired to 16ohm), but the matching 2X12 recto cab should be here in about 10 days time.

The Fat modes on channel one is dead on with my Black face, I would go so far to say it sounded better through the 4X12 cab than my blackface does. I went through all the channels, all the modes and I'm throughly impressed, even though I wasn't able to play for long. My '75 ES335 was the only thing on hand, and at higher gain settings it did feedback horrendously, but it does that through my AxeFx 2 with my headphones on.

I'm going to try and get some videos later today and also try out the 4CM with my Axe Fx 2.

chef

Reaction score
Nice looking amp, congrats!

nicolasrivera

Reaction score
Looks amazing!!!! and the plus side is that now you have a killer tube power amp for you AxeFX II.

gem12

Reaction score
BAD ASS AMP.........CONGRATS :slash:

George_92

Reaction score
Thanks everyone I love it! I have set up my AxeFx and can run it in three different ways, Straight into the Mark V and use the effects from the Axe Fx; 4CM; Wet/Dry/Wet, Slave out into the axe, use the effects, IR cabinet's and straight out to speakers, PA system, ect.. no need for miking!.

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/georgebelling/wither-solo-mark-v-test[/SC]

jfwund

Reaction score
beauty, congrats! Between the Mark V and the AxeFX, it's hard to imagine there are any sounds you won't be able to cop…

Phil W

Reaction score
I run a V with the 2x12 Rectifier (slant) and it works very nicely.
I hope you enjoy it.

Z.K.

Reaction score
The Mark V is awesome, as soon as it came out I went online searching for one. Mine is serial #000137 one of the early ones, it has the metal bar across the back instead of the tube cage that comes with the ones they sell now.

babatube

Reaction score
awesome amp! now go destroy the neighborhood:dude:

David Corrales

Reaction score
George, if you like fuzz leads like Bonamassa, Eric Johnson or Gilmour, make sure to check out the Wampler Velvet fuzz. It sounds AMAZING with the Mark V :dude:

Latest Threads