NAD: Mesa Boogie

bblooz

Reaction score
Well, to be honest I needed another amp like a hole in the head, but when a super deal drops into your lap, you just have to make an exception and make room for just one more! A local cat was having an estate sale for a late neighbor, and practically gave me this Mesa Boogie DC2 Studio Caliber combo because it wouldn't power up. Well, I found the fuse cap is missing, so obviously no mains power. Hopefully this will be rectified soon, as I'm sorting through parts bins looking for a replacement. I can't loose, as the speaker alone is worth more than I paid for this boat anchor (god these are heavy amps - what do they make the cabinets out of, cement board?!) Sound samples will have to wait until I get this baby running!
1994MesaBoogieStudioCaliberDC2_01.JPG
1994MesaBoogieStudioCaliberDC2_02.JPG
1994MesaBoogieStudioCaliberDC2_03.JPG

DJGranite

Reaction score
I love my Studio Caliber, I'm sure once you get it sorted out you'll love yours too.

bblooz

Reaction score
Update: I received a new fuse cap from Mesa (great customer service!). Amp works perfectly, just needed to turn the pots a few times to clean off the dust. This amp still has the hang tags, and looks like it hasn't seen much use since new in 1994! Loud as HELL for a 22 watt amp!

Reactions: tzd

madhermit

Reaction score
Sweet score!!!

The manual is on their site if you don’t have one. Mesa manuals tend to have lots of good info in them.

Mesa DC-2 Manual

bblooz

Reaction score
Sweet score!!!

The manual is on their site if you don’t have one. Mesa manuals tend to have lots of good info in them.
Thanks - I downloded it already. It is really good, not like the typical manuals with most (imported) amps these days!

Latest Threads