NAD: Matamp White

jojo

Reaction score
Picked up this 1972 Matamp White !!! Just an amazing amp ! Dark, loud, with that Matamp growl !! I also have a GTO 120 and they both just rule.

bulletproof

aka tarddoggy
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Oh hell ya,man!! An ole jam buddy had a Matamp way back,those things can move some air:thumb:

Happy New Amp Day,brother!!

THDNUT

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gutshot pics not loading. :hmm:

THDNUT

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why, you lazy ****!

:laugh2:

We're all dying to see the inside of that sucka.

jojo

Reaction score
LOL ! I had to do some troubleshooting tonight on tubes. It had a bad preamp tube. I don't have enough expletives to say how awesome, mean and heavy this thing can get for a 1972 amp !! Here's a shot of the back :

JCM900MkIII

Reaction score
They sent you the wrong one...
In case you didn't notice... it's black and freaking awesome.
:thumb:

LeftyF2003

Reaction score
Congrats! It's great when you get a piece of gear that just knocks you out right out of the box. I often find it takes me some time to find myself in a new amp.

HNAD!

jojo

Reaction score
Whoa. That thing gets FUZZ!
Thx ! That's my favorite setting as I like dark, fuzzed out amps. It's actually pretty versatile , it has 2 bright caps.I can get a pretty good Marshall tone out of it !

Congrats! It's great when you get a piece of gear that just knocks you out right out of the box. I often find it takes me some time to find myself in a new amp.

HNAD!
Thk you !!!!

lunchbox

Reaction score
Hell yeah!!! Congrats!!

Whatever you do...stay away from Joel Wheeler and Electric amps/Matamp USA for repairs or whatever. Go directly to Matamp UK.

Joel at Matamp USA has nothing to do with the real Matamp in the UK. He stole the name and copyrighted it here in the US because Matamp had failed to do so. Total scumbag.

jojo

Reaction score
Hell yeah!!! Congrats!!

Whatever you do...stay away from Joel Wheeler and Electric amps/Matamp USA for repairs or whatever. Go directly to Matamp UK.

Joel at Matamp USA has nothing to do with the real Matamp in the UK. He stole the name and copyrighted it here in the US because Matamp had failed to do so. Total scumbag.
Trust me I know all about butt*****.Quite a bit actually. The other guitarist in my band has a green EA he bought used and just traded an orange EA he also bought used. John McNeese built all but 4 of the Electric Amps and he no longer works there. They are KILLER amps, but yes stay away from Joel.Luckily I have a great Tech for Matamps/Oranges here locally that alot of people from all around the world send their amps to, so I'm set there !

Latest Threads