NAD - Marshall SL5

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Is it possible that the SL5 will go up in value, even though it was not made in the UK, since you can't get them new anymore?

theycallmegio

Reaction score
I think around $500-$550 give or take a little. I purchased mine for $600 new, but you can't find these anymore.

you got yours for $600?!

I think mine was $700 before taxes iirc.

I don't know if it will go up in value, my understanding is that they STILL make them in the UK, but the american distributor chose to limit the SL5 to 1 year in the states.

that's the story I got from one of my local music stores when I was on the hunt for mine.

alstev

Reaction score
I played one in the store for a few minutes once and I liked it, there are a lot of positive reviews here, I'm starting to see them pop up used locally, I might have to get one.

rjwilson37

Reaction score
you got yours for $600?!

I think mine was $700 before taxes iirc.

I don't know if it will go up in value, my understanding is that they STILL make them in the UK, but the american distributor chose to limit the SL5 to 1 year in the states.

that's the story I got from one of my local music stores when I was on the hunt for mine.
I did read that, about it only being available in the US for a year. But... If they were available in the UK, I would think Anderton's would have it on there Website and it is not listed at all. So it may not be available in the UK either now.

I purchased mine from zZounds for $649 and then got a 20% coupon from GC and they honored it, which brought it down another $40 to $609.

marc1kim

Reaction score
I think around $500-$550 give or take a little. I purchased mine for $600 new, but you can't find these anymore.

The last two on ebay have sold for about $650 plus shipping. I think they may have seen a bump in price. I bought mine through GCs online used section for 5 bills, free shipping.

black_label

Reaction score
Congrats on the amp.

I love mine, changed the speaker to an eminence private jack and to my ears sounds much better.
Got rid of the harshness and filled out the bottom end.:jam:
Hey Gargoyle, can you record some clip? I'm looking for speakers to improve the sound of this combo and i love greenback style speakers, but i didn't find any demo sl5+greenback. Probably these are the best speaker to use at home (25 watt and 97 db).
I found 2 used eminence legend gb128, but it seems to be too dark compared to the greenback, but the price is great 90 € for both. a pair of greenback costs 150 € ...

black_label

Reaction score
I have the extra 1x12 cab with an Eminence Wizard, and it adds some more headroom to it for sure, especially since it's 103db. It definitely has some more range with the extra 1x12 added to it.

This week i bought a used harley benton 2x12 with V30, it was an opportunity(100€) and definitely the sound is improved, but I bought it to sell the speakers(v30) and to buy a pair of greenback or similar...

marc1kim

Reaction score
There's one for sale in GCs online used section, ships from Oklahoma City

Latest Threads