NAD - Marshall SC20H

heartburn

Reaction score
As the title states, NAD. UPS dropped a Marshall at the door. Unboxed and checked the tubes to verify all seated solidly. Plugged in and tinkered a bit. Haven't played much with it yet but so far like what I am hearing. Doesn't have the pre-amp grunt I remember from JCM800 but it has been a lot of years since playing one and lot's of ultra high gain and a RedBear playing over the last decade. Only pic I got so far.

Marshall_SC20H.jpg

cherrysunburst00

TUBE AMP JUNKIE FOR LIFE BAD ASS
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
BAD ASS :p :p:p and CONGRATS :applause:

I'm still loving my SC20 combo

heartburn

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies and the reactions. I still haven't gotten as much time as I would like with it but so far I am super happy. It is "THAT" sound that you expect when plugging in a les paul. It inspires to play those 80's rock and metal riffs just based on the tone. I am not averse to using pedals and really like pushing the amp gain over to about 2 or 3 o'clock and then hitting with tube screamer or wampler tumnus just for a boost.

Edit to add:
I see an SV20 in the future as well. This amp is just too much fun driving into the power tubes with an attenuator, the SV has to be at least as good and fun to crank up.

Brek

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats. I fancied the sv20, but have not the room at mo. I have a dsl20, which is great, but not the same league as those two.

The Ballzz

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies and the reactions. I still haven't gotten as much time as I would like with it but so far I am super happy. It is "THAT" sound that you expect when plugging in a les paul. It inspires to play those 80's rock and metal riffs just based on the tone. I am not averse to using pedals and really like pushing the amp gain over to about 2 or 3 o'clock and then hitting with tube screamer or wampler tumnus just for a boost.

Edit to add:
I see an SV20 in the future as well. This amp is just too much fun driving into the power tubes with an attenuator, the SV has to be at least as good and fun to crank up.

I recently got an SV20C and have played it through multiple speaker boxes, in addition to it's installed 10" and everything about is at least as glorious as your praise of the SC20! I think you will not be disappointed, "in the future!"

And oh yeah, Happy NAD.
Just Crankin'
Gene

Last edited:

Latest Threads