NAD Marshall Origin 20C

TrippyStormtrooper

Reaction score
And for once the UPS man didn't make me wait until the very end of the day!

Pre-Ordered from Sweetwater the day they announced it at NAMM. Happy to say I was No.2 on the list and first shipment out the doors from them.

I was looking for an all-rounder and I think this is it. Not by any means a high gain amp, but this guy rocks. With my EP booster it roars. The Tilt knob is really cool, and the power scaling is neat (albeit a little less potent than I expected; Expect subtle changes in volume, but on the flip side it's super transparent tone wise). It's also a tad bit noisier than I expected, but nothing to really complain about.

Overall I feel Marshall has it right with this one.

Marshall Origin.jpg

Roman4405

Reaction score
Congrats, the 20 watt head is on my radar. How do you like the 10” in the combo? I’m scared of 10” speakers, they never sound right to me at low volumes but they can kick some ass when you crank it.

TrippyStormtrooper

Reaction score
Congrats, the 20 watt head is on my radar. How do you like the 10” in the combo? I’m scared of 10” speakers, they never sound right to me at low volumes but they can kick some ass when you crank it.

To be 100% honest, when I pre-ordered the amp I didn't know it had a 10' speaker in it, since specs were not announced then. When I found out a week later that it did, I had some trepidation and considered getting the head instead. But I don't have a cab, and I really didn't want to go down that rabbit hole, so I stuck with the combo.

It's not bad. It's not a 12" speaker. I do like how it compresses a bit more and I think I know why they put a 10" in this model instead of a 12". It's such a clean amp (and to me, this is a really clean amp), I don't know if they could've gotten it to growl as hard with the headroom of a 12". This amp is really meant for pedals, and it performs really well with them. with my EP booster it really cranks. I'm going to see how it acts with a fuzz tomorrow.

Like the Class 5 and DSL the low end gets a little flubby if past 12'O'Clock, so it doesn't have a lot of low end growl. If you want a little more bass and a little more low end umph then I would get the 20 head or a 50 combo. For home use, this is great.

Hope that helps :)

xland

Reaction score
Congrats on your new amp!! The Origin 20C is on my radar (not if I buy, but when) and your simple setup is exactly as I would have mine. The only pedal I use is an EP Booster and it's always on.

HNAD and enjoy!!!

TrippyStormtrooper

Reaction score
Looks super cool!!

Really looking forward on trying to the 50 watt version when I can. Many thanks for the feedback.

HNGD to you!:cheers2:

For sure get the 50W version. The second they make a 1x12 extension cab worth my liking I'm going to start running it through that. Nothing wrong with the 12", it's really what I wanted. But it will sound 1000 times better through a 12".

Latest Threads