NAD! Marshall JCM 800 2X12 Combo

KS 5150

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently happened across what turned out to be a mid-80's JCM 800 4104 50W Combo locally for a very good price. It had been customized by a previous owner, so didn't quite look like a traditional Marshall. I checked it out and was very impressed with the sound! It has the WGS Veteran 30 speakers, which sound amazing! I decided to have it restored as close as possible to original and sourced the appropriate parts. It is the Canadian version with the metal toggle switches....very, very happy! Here are some pics:

When I first got it:

After it returned from the repair shop:

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
Welcome to the club!!! :dude:

Mine has the same speakers!!

I've had it almost 20yrs, all but the last two as my only amp.
This is a keeper... Never sell it.
Looks great, by the way!!

Gridlock

Reaction score
Congrats,
I owned a 1983 JCM800 4104 and it was one of the best sounding Marshalls that I've owned. Your amp looks great restored. Nice job.

ant_riv

Reaction score
Congratulations! HNAD!

Nice job on restoring it.

I love mine, but unfortunately it is too much amp for my current band.

They are great amps!

Bud Stoner

Something Something Jedi...
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got one myself.

Sold it way back when, missed it for 9 years, and I came across it in a music store, and bought it back.

I've had it back for about five years now.

Needs a cap job and tubes, maybe a little cosmetic restoration, but it's a keeper.

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
I've got one myself.

Sold it way back when, missed it for 9 years, and I came across it in a music store, and bought it back.

I've had it back for about five years now.

Needs a cap job and tubes, maybe a little cosmetic restoration, but it's a keeper.
Score!! Every now and then, I see the guy I bought mine from out in the water when I surf. He always makes me an offer to get it back. "Sorry man. Are you gonna take that wave?"
I got it for $300, back around '97-98. :)
I had a cap job done, converted to EL34's, swapped speakers to WGS Vet 30's, and it's a whole new amp. Had it done at Westwood Music (you're in LA??) and the whole thing costs about $300, parts and labor. This thing is a bluesrock machine.

Bud Stoner

Something Something Jedi...
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Score!! Every now and then, I see the guy I bought mine from out in the water when I surf. He always makes me an offer to get it back. "Sorry man. Are you gonna take that wave?"
I got it for $300, back around '97-98. :)
I got mine off of eBay for $300.00 myself around mid-2000, I believe.:hmm:

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
It's a steal. The horizontal input 2204's are the drip edge Fenders. Circuit is the same, but not as collectable. Love it.

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
Haha! I actually really like it that way. It has more of a vintage look to it, perfect for what I do. The inspection sticker is Dec 1985. It just turned 30. :)

Latest Threads