NAD: Marshall AVT50H

mbell75

Reaction score
Ive had Fenders, Blackstars, Vox and still currently have an Orange Dark Terror but since I got my Gibson SG yesterday, I have been gassing for a Marshall. Not a tube snob so didn't care its a hybrid amp, only took 2 minutes playing it thru my Egnater 1x12 cab to sell me, love the sound. For $180 I thought why not? Also have a an Orange 1x12 cab, that should be a neat little package. Wonder if anyone has ever used a Marshall amp with Egnater and Orange cabs, bit of a mismatch haha. Still considering a DSL amp and Marshall cab in the very near future.

Attachments

• Marshall.jpg
    Marshall.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 17

Matt_Krush

Reaction score
No...but I used a Marshall with a B52 cab and an old Crate cab fitted with Eminence Swamp-Things and Texas Heats...

Matching heads and cabs should be about sound...aesthetics is nice, but sound is more important...

Now I have a Marshall 1960 with Vintage 30's....and really..it sounds damn close to the B52 AT cab with whatever the B52 branded speakers are...
Since the B52 is Baltic Birch...I wouldn't pass one up if came by at a good price.

Iron Broadsword

Reaction score
Hah, these are great amps. I had an AVT150h and matching cab for years before finally going with a jcm900. I always wished the AVT had a better sound, and then when I picked up a 1960a cab for my 900, I put the AVT through it just to see and the sound blew me away! Everything I disliked about the amp was the terrible AVT speakers.. So yeah, I believe it when you say it sounds great through your 1x12, because you probably have a good speaker in there :laugh2:

mbell75

Reaction score
Hah, these are great amps. I had an AVT150h and matching cab for years before finally going with a jcm900. I always wished the AVT had a better sound, and then when I picked up a 1960a cab for my 900, I put the AVT through it just to see and the sound blew me away! Everything I disliked about the amp was the terrible AVT speakers.. So yeah, I believe it when you say it sounds great through your 1x12, because you probably have a good speaker in there :laugh2:

Thats cool. Yea, my Orange has the V30 and the Engager has an Elite 80. I like both, especially paired together.

circles

Reaction score
Nice! Makes me miss my AVT150. Sigh.

Latest Threads