NAD: Marshall 2061x

rich85

Reaction score
Well after trying the new Studio series Super Lead and JCM so many times and never really loving it, within 2 seconds of plugging into the 2061x I knew it was worth every dollar.

I used to think they were too expensive but now think they are priced accordingly. Handwired Marshall made in the UK that does THE sound everyone is after.

So impressed.

Quick demo, no effects just a Bugera PS1 powersoak. Using a G12M Greenback.

Duane_the_tub

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Nice! I messed around with a used one at my local GC for a few weeks a year or so ago, kicking the tires with some moderate GAS to take it home. In the end it was a little too loud in its sweet spot for home use. I bet it sounds awesome with some attenuation.

Congrats!

Gtarzan81

Reaction score
Well after trying the new Studio series Super Lead and JCM so many times and never really loving it, within 2 seconds of plugging into the 2061x I knew it was worth every dollar.

I used to think they were too expensive but now think they are priced accordingly. Handwired Marshall made in the UK that does THE sound everyone is after.

So impressed.

Quick demo, no effects just a Bugera PS1 powersoak. Using a G12M Greenback.

My favorite Led Zeppelin cover band uses one of those. Nails it

goldtop0

Reaction score
Those HW amps from them are very good......I love my 1974X and '73X..........the '74 is a tad more focused in its tone :cool2:

tolm

Bigsby Junkie
Reaction score
Yes! Great amps ... never owned one but played through a few and every one sounded great.

Now get those channels jumped ...

rich85

Reaction score
Yes! Great amps ... never owned one but played through a few and every one sounded great.

Now get those channels jumped ...
Indeed without the powersoak I jump the channels :)

fry

Reaction score
I was in a music store many years ago, a guy plugged into one of those and started playing “Sultans of Swing” note-for-note. It sounded like angels singing, simply beautiful.

Grenville

Reaction score
I bought a 2061x rig a few years ago, it felt like coming home.

Congratulations on your new amp!

el84ster

Reaction score
I never played the Marshall reissue, but I built several of these. Beautiful amps! And the only amp I could ever happily gig without pedals, just turn it up for some of the greatest distortion you ever heard.
perfect volume for gigging, as long as you don’t need clean!

tolm

Bigsby Junkie
Reaction score
Doesn't work well at all on my two........however on a JTM45 this works great!!
Really? Okay ... worked great on my old Bluesbreaker reissue (need to get me another one of those one day ...) so just assumed it would on the 2061!

goldtop0

Reaction score
Really? Okay ... worked great on my old Bluesbreaker reissue (need to get me another one of those one day ...) so just assumed it would on the 2061!

It's the difference in the circuits with the 2061/1974X/1973X versus the Bluesbreaker combo/amp head and the other plexi heads.
Don't ask me what that difference is though as I don't know the technical in and outs at all but know that the Marshalls that have the 4 inputs Hi and Normal channels side by side( and not seperated like with the 2061) can be jumpered with a noticeable tonal difference(mix) of those channels.

rich85

Reaction score
The difference is this is a "Lead and Bass" amp (hence the weird front panel layout) so it isn't a great balance to jump channels. It is great with a Strat to fatten the sound but is sorta muddy with a humbucker.

Latest Threads