NAD - Friedman Pink Taco!!

Pix

Reaction score
Just got this little Honey, she's mean and loud for 20 watts!

Attachments

• FPT.jpg
    FPT.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 289

ac/dcfan87

Reaction score
Awesome! congratulations. What is the design behind this amp? Is it like a mini-modded plexi?

Duane24

Reaction score
Cool amps, too bad a 14 year old pubescent boy names all of them

ac/dcfan87

Reaction score
Yeah, sorry but it is an awful name. Who comes up with these weird amp names?! Can't you just come up with a normal name? Do we really have to go this far? I find this is true of many boutique tube amp manufacturers. They go so far out there on the name that you don't even know what it is.

Don't mean to derail this thread though, sorry. Just felt like getting it out. But on a good note, looks like a seriously cool amp. Friedman seems to be one of the go-to guys when it comes to boutique amps. I hear his name come up a lot and I'm sure it is no accident.

V2

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Just got this little Honey, she's mean and loud for 20 watts!

Cool! How does she sound with Gain and Master cranked? Does it remain tight? Is it very sizzley or buzzy at those highest settings?

Awesome! congratulations. What is the design behind this amp? Is it like a mini-modded plexi?

It's a hot-rodded JCM800 based on the Friedman BE preamp.

Big John

usually off
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Methinks he got the idea for this amp from all those JCA20's that his shop browneye'd....shoulda kept mine. :slap:

Glad you got her, Pix. Now go crank and spank the plank.

THDNUT

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
:dude: Gut Shots! :dude: Chassis Shots! :dude:

:dude: Sound Clips! :dude: Videos! :dude:

:laugh2:

Nice little taco there!

Gridlock

Reaction score
Congrats, great sounding videos on that amp.

Pix

Reaction score
...But none the less, a great amp. Who really gives a shit what it's called. I just call it a Marshall clone. It's pretty much a mini hot-rodded JCM800/Plexi. Very tight, no sizzle. It makes some nasty noise and feedback noise too. Not sure, but me thinks maybe mine has an issue. It just should not be so noisy. Gonna call Friedman today and ask about it. The stock tubes are not so great either, that's an easy fix, however the price I paid it should have better tubes stock.

slagg

Reaction score
...But none the less, a great amp. Who really gives a shit what it's called. I just call it a Marshall clone. It's pretty much a mini hot-rodded JCM800/Plexi. Very tight, no sizzle. It makes some nasty noise and feedback noise too. Not sure, but me thinks maybe mine has an issue. It just should not be so noisy. Gonna call Friedman today and ask about it. The stock tubes are not so great either, that's an easy fix, however the price I paid it should have better tubes stock.

They have one at the Music-go-round by me,not overly noisey for the gain she pumps out.

LPCollector

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Congrats!!!! :applause:

A Friedman is next on my list, too! :thumb:

Enjoy it!!!!
:naughty:

Latest Threads