NAD- Friedman Jake E Lee

J50315

Reaction score
So I’m pretty stoked about this one, I’ve had all the amps in the Friedman line but wasn’t able to get one before they sold out a couple months ago. I spoke with the man himself and I am actually going to be getting serial number 1 in the line. Anyone here got one? Can’t wait to run it in stereo with my JJ-100

Leumas

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I know it’s heresy around here, but Jake was my favorite Ozzy guitarist by far. Not to say I don’t love Randy and begrudgingly give Zakk his due as a monster player...but I love Jake’s tone and feel.

J50315

Reaction score
I know it’s heresy around here, but Jake was my favorite Ozzy guitarist by far. Not to say I don’t love Randy and begrudgingly give Zakk his due as a monster player...but I love Jake’s tone and feel.
Agreed!!
She’s set to arrive Friday, will report back once I play it.

LPJNoob

Reaction score
So I’m pretty stoked about this one, I’ve had all the amps in the Friedman line but wasn’t able to get one before they sold out a couple months ago. I spoke with the man himself and I am actually going to be getting serial number 1 in the line. Anyone here got one? Can’t wait to run it in stereo with my JJ-100
Might sound like a dumb question, so pardon my igonorance here, are these AMPs made by a company related to/owned by Marty Friedman?

LPJNoob

Reaction score
Saw Ozzy for TUS tour in Detroit, my buddies & I were all huge JEL fans @ the time. We just stood their jaws dropped, in awe of him. My favorite Ozzy guitarist too.

BornToLooze

Reaction score
Might sound like a dumb question, so pardon my igonorance here, are these AMPs made by a company related to/owned by Marty Friedman?
No, it's Dave Friedman. If I remember right, he was one of the big guys modding Marshalls back in the day.

J50315

Reaction score
Here she is, serial number 1. Jake owns the first one, serial number 0 if you will. This thing rips! So open and a real immediate feeling under the fingers. Easily the best amp I’ve ever played. Dave Friedman killed it with this run!
69608FA3-B2FA-4378-9A89-3F8FFF468EC2.jpeg
7EDE23B8-A377-4C06-AEF9-28008B1F8FC6.jpeg
287BF884-BFC0-4A9C-B5DA-E0EF5EA7A195.jpg
9223AB13-3BBE-4225-AC6C-79251C5FE763.jpg

fry

Reaction score
I used to work with a guy, pretty good guitar player, Jake was his first and biggest influence. The only person I ever knew that send that. He had gone through a stretch where he married some religious girl, threw away all his rock and metal CDs, thought it was the work of the devil. I remembered the band Badlands, but didn’t have anything from them. He told me that the first album was out of print, he couldn’t find it anywhere. I went to a local shop that used to be here in town, the guy had an enormous inventory. He had new and used, and tons of bootleg stuff that was probably illegal. I went to the used stuff, found the Badlands CD right away, and cheap. The guy behind the counter was stunned, he said “I didn’t know we had this! I would’ve bought it myself!“ I gave it to my buddy as a gift, after burning a copy for myself, of course.

El Pablo

Reaction score
Congrats on the buy. How does it compare to Steve Steven's model? That is the one I was very impressed with during a auick demo.

Thanks.
Mike

fry

Reaction score
Crank it up, I’ll stick my head out the window. No doubt I will be able to hear it from almost any distance. :dude:

J50315

Reaction score
Congrats on the buy. How does it compare to Steve Steven's model? That is the one I was very impressed with during a auick demo.

Thanks.
Mike
The SS-100 was a little different. It had more of a Fenderish clean sound and the dirty channel didn’t carry as much gain. Was great for more classic rock stuff. The Jake amp has the plexi channel and the 2 voiced dirty channel, HUGE bottom end that can be dialed in with the thump knob and carry’s more gain. Very in your face and raw sounding, not as polished sounding as my JJ-100. Nails the Bark at the Moon tone as you would expect and the plexi channel is amazing.

Latest Threads