NAD: Fender Tonemaster Deluxe Reverb

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I doubt that anybody on the spur of the moment can listen to a recording and tell you what amp is being used.... :)

Better to just answer "Champ" every single time... Sucker has been fooling folks for decades... ;)
Champ or 5E3 and you've got about a 30% chance of being right with either answer.

I do think the Champ is probably *the* most-recorded amp of the first couple of decades of rock, but the tweed Deluxe is a really close second.

rich85

Reaction score
There is a lot to learn with these amps, I can totally understand why someone with an original 60’s version would never give it up.

Anyway I will get a laptop in a month or so and do better demos, in the meantime just a full volume clip I recorded. It’s amazing how touch sensitive it is. Volume on 10 and power on lowest setting. Good fun.

Skip to 1:16 if you want to hear clean warmth then overdrive. Just awesome.

rich85

Reaction score
Playing some Rolling Stones, no pedals.

I am just enjoying not having a damn EL84 15 watt amp. Because of the damaged nerve in my neck I have never been able to own an amp like this.

I can see why over 50 years later the 60’s Fender amps are still hard to beat. There is no point in me comparing it to a valve version as I can’t carry it and I can’t turn it up. I’m still so happy with this amp over a month later.

cybermgk

“Happiness is the most insidious prison of all"
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
There is a lot to learn with these amps, I can totally understand why someone with an original 60’s version would never give it up.

Anyway I will get a laptop in a month or so and do better demos, in the meantime just a full volume clip I recorded. It’s amazing how touch sensitive it is. Volume on 10 and power on lowest setting. Good fun.

Skip to 1:16 if you want to hear clean warmth then overdrive. Just awesome.

Is there something small and furry in the background there moving about?

FWIW, considering the recording technique, Youtube compression, et al, it still sounds real good (to me it does).

rich85

Reaction score
Is there something small and furry in the background there moving about?

FWIW, considering the recording technique, Youtube compression, et al, it still sounds real good (to me it does).
Haha yes there is

AFAF5E66-89FF-4757-99A4-6C2A860DF5F4.jpeg

Latest Threads