NAD: Fender Bassbreaker 15 Combo

DotStudio

Reaction score
Since my Monoprice crapped out, I figured I'd try something new. It came down to the Bassbreaker 15 or the Marshall Origin 20. To be honest, I liked the sound of the Origin a bit better, but just for that typical Marshall tone. That's really all it did well, and I'm not much of a pedal guy. The Fender has three different gain settings, and is a lot more versatile.

So here it is in all its glory...

20181028_204609.jpg

I'm still messing around, but I'm digging it. It goes from clean to fairly dirty (into metal territory), and it sounds nice at bedroom levels, which was something I was after. It's supposed to get close to the old Marshall tone (hence the name) and does a pretty good job.

Anyways, here's my first recording (from the backing track of the month thread). Excuse the playing. Metal isn't really my wheelhouse, but it was fun :cheers:

Listen to OctoberEnd by DotStudio #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/dot-studio-803888133/octoberend

DotStudio

Reaction score
These amps sound good for the money.....good job
Thanks. Yeah, it seems like a lot of amp for the money. I don't know that much about amps, so I just sat down in the store and tried a few out. The only negative i could see for some is that the gain stages aren't foot switchable. I only play and record in my basement though, so that's fine with me :laugh2:

Gridlock

Reaction score
Congrats, a cool amp.
Sounds great and metal is definitely in your wheel house.

Latest Threads