NAD-Fender ‘68 Custom Deluxe Reverb.

JMP

Reaction score
For about 2 years, I’ve been casually hunting for a deal on a vintage Deluxe Reverb, preferably a ‘64 or ‘65. My local shop that deals in lots of used gear recently got in a 2015 ‘68 Custom Deluxe Reverb. Having never tried on, I grabbed my Les Paul and headed to the shop. Two words - holy shit! The amp blew me away. My quest for a vintage unit ended right there. I traded in 3 older Peavey amps I’d been trying to sell on Craig’s List for some time. I paid $350 out of pocket and took the amp home.

The amp does everything you’d want from a vintage Fender- it’s bright yet smooth and round, the notes are vibrant and musical, it chimes and gets a little gritty in the most amazing way. The all tube reverb and tremolo sound glorious.

I’m blown away.

Last edited:

Duane_the_tub

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Yeah man, great amp. I had one and regret selling it. I think it's one of the very best reissues Fender has put out.

Congratulations.

JMP

Reaction score
Yeah man, great amp. I had one and regret selling it. I think it's one of the very best reissues Fender has put out.

Congratulations.
This is my first experience with one of Fenders vintage reissue type of amps. I’ve played some of the Hot Rod series and they’re great, but didn’t provide the tone I was after. This ‘68 Custom Deluxe Reverb absolutely captures those vintage Fender tones I’d been hunting for. I’m pumped.

And,the shop gave me more on trade in value than I paid for the Peavey amps I’d been looking to sell. Win!

ARandall

Reaction score
Nice!!
I went for the same amp, for the flexibility in tone and in-phase channels that allow for both reverb and trem on either.
The speaker is perhaps a more modern type, in that it is less vintage toned and more adept at being great in overdriven situations.

dmac in SC

Reaction score
I'm right there with you OP! I got a barely used '65 reissue, special edition, off CL a couple of weeks ago, and I am not even close to wearing the new off of it.. incredible amp.

JMP

Reaction score
Yup! I need to spend more time with the amp. That said, no matter how I setup the amp, it sounds awesome. For other amps I’ve owned, I needed to do a fair bit of tweaking to find the good tones. This amp simply sounds good everywhere.

Gtarzan81

Reaction score

Congratulations.
It's currently being enjoyed and cared for.

OP, try bridging the channels with an AB box. It also takes fuzz and drive pedals well.

Gtarzan81

Reaction score
Yup! I need to spend more time with the amp. That said, no matter how I setup the amp, it sounds awesome. For other amps I’ve owned, I needed to do a fair bit of tweaking to find the good tones. This amp simply sounds good everywhere.
My general setting.
Volume: vintage channel starts to get good on about 4, Custom on about 3.
Treble 6
Bass 3
Reverb:1.5 (just a touch)

If you do bridge the channels, run the custom channel 1 lower to balance out the volume disparity.

JMP

Reaction score
My general setting.
Volume: vintage channel starts to get good on about 4, Custom on about 3.
Treble 6
Bass 3
Reverb:1.5 (just a touch)

If you do bridge the channels, run the custom channel 1 lower to balance out the volume disparity.
Thank you. I’ll give this a try.

JMP

Reaction score
I’ve had a few opportunities this week to play in a group setting (safely and with social distancing of course). This amp at volume is amazing. I’m loving this amp. It always sounds awesome.

David Garner

Reaction score
I’ve heard nothing but good things about these. I have a nice clone of a blackface DR, but that Bassman channel is a nice feature. If these had been around when I got mine I might have saved myself some money.

JMP

Reaction score
I’ve heard nothing but good things about these. I have a nice clone of a blackface DR, but that Bassman channel is a nice feature. If these had been around when I got mine I might have saved myself some money.
I hear you. But, it sounds like you got an awesome amp. Enjoy it and don’t look back!

Over the last few years, I’ve purchased a pile of pedals to try to find the tones in my head. Turns out a DR and an overdrive pedal give me the tones I’d been hunting for.

cchase

Reaction score
Congrats! I have a cream back in mine sounds awesome with the volume at 6-7 just have to make sure the wife is gone first tho lol

JMP

Reaction score
Congrats! I have a cream back in mine sounds awesome with the volume at 6-7 just have to make sure the wife is gone first tho lol
Awesome. I’m still getting to know the amp. So far, the stock Chinese made Celestion works great for me.

Latest Threads