NAD Deluxe Reverb

goldtop0

Reaction score
Hi fellas, will be getting delivery this week of a used Limited Edition Deluxe Reverb in Wine Red Type PR239 with a Jensen P12Q alnico.
It's one of the more recent ones with the rubber cover over the Off/On and Standby switches.
I've been after one of these amps for a while(at the right price) and it'll be interesting to see how the Jensen performs.

Wailing

Reaction score
Im looking forward to the review when it arrives.... where will you be winding it up to ten ??

Gridlock

Reaction score
Congrats, a Deluxe Reverb is my keeper Fender amp.

Airplane

Reaction score
I have the same one (but without rubber switch) and it’s the best amp i ever had. i sometimes pull the clean channel tube to make it break up at lower volume jams. fantastic amp.. congrats.

goldtop0

Reaction score
Im looking forward to the review when it arrives.... where will you be winding it up to ten ??

Yes definitely.........will wind that speaker up, it's rated at 40w so should be able to take the punishment.........as to whether it's going to sound good or not remains to be seen. I've seen a good number of Deluxes with a Celestion Blue in them, a speaker I really like for all seasons.

Last edited:

goldtop0

Reaction score
Got it this morning and man what an amp.
Have given it a once around the table test and the Jensen sounds really good and able to handle a dimed amp and LP......a very melodic and controlled overdriven tone with plenty of harmonics(like my Celestions). Will try that in my FSR 1x12 Princeton to see if it can cure the somewhat clunky/scratchy/graunchy sounding overdrive.........we'll see.
My first Deluxe and it's a beauty, I'm really chuffed :cool2:

goldtop0

Reaction score
Further to it's arrival, I tried to put a Blue in it but it won't go as the Deluxe has 8 x speaker mount nut pole pieces. So to accomodate it I'd need to remove 4 of the pole pieces from the baffle board of the amp or drill 4 extra holes in the frame surround of the Celestion(they come with 4 holes)..............we'll see.

The Ballzz

Reaction score
A truly gorgeous version of a great amp! It does seem odd that it is "Birch Ply" instead of pine, but I certainly don't see that as a problem!
Enjoy Your HNAD!
Gene

goldtop0

Reaction score
A truly gorgeous version of a great amp! It does seem odd that it is "Birch Ply" instead of pine, but I certainly don't see that as a problem!
Enjoy Your HNAD!
Gene

Yes a nod to Marshall with the birch ply Gene, piqued my interest also.
As far as authenticity to a vintage '65 this amp is not there.........but I didn't want to buy a very high priced handwired RI or vintage BF as they're simply not worth it to me. This one sounds great thank goodness.