NAD! Custom hand wired.

Neffco

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
My bass player built a sick amp. I was going to have him build something specific for me, but what he made is way better and sounds incredible. Practiced with it last night. Two channels that can be played alone or simultaneously, clean and dirty. Sounds like two amps. Has a volume control for individual channels as well at the blended channels. Goes from sweet OD to full on distortion. Cleans are fenderesqe but more articulate and clear. Hard to describe but you hear everything. Also almost noiseless with the gain cranked. He also built a cab for it. It will be ready for our Halloween gig. Here’s a sneak peak. Approximately 50 watts.
039E7E30-B6AB-450F-94E3-E405E28B908D.jpeg

Last edited:

The Ballzz

Reaction score
WOW! :wow:

@Neffco

Did he build it for you, as a guitar amp, or ........?

Some further info and pics would be fabulous!

HNAD!
Gene

V2

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Nice Hammond transformers. It looks like he built the "London Power Standard" amp, which is detailed in a book by Kevin O'Connor, or something similar. Either way, it looks great!

Neffco

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s a guitar amp. He built it for himself, then sold it to me. Now that the first one of these is built he can cut considerable time off the build. He has been building amps for almost 20 years. It’s not built on anyone else’s design per say. All the wiring is his own concoction. Lots of grounding. He’s got 100 hours and 600$ in parts in the build. He has built a few amps for Jason Newstead.

It made my twin sound vastly inferior, and it’s a pretty sweet amp. I put my pedals into it and it took them very well.
AB81F14B-352A-457E-84CB-04A2574BDD0E.jpeg

Last edited:

bblooz

Reaction score
Congrats! Looks like a real quality build - sound clips when you get the chance????????

Neffco

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats! Looks like a real quality build - sound clips when you get the chance????????
I will do a few. Out of town working and won’t get a chance till I get back in a few weeks. I do have a gig Friday. Doubt I’ll get video though. I can’t wait to play it. Wouldn’t have booked a gig if I knew my project was happening this month, oh well.

Neffco

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
She cuts a mix. Like nothing I’ve played. Didn’t know what cutting a mix felt like. Now I get it.
3BB1B50F-11AC-405E-8309-4A244FB8124D.jpeg

Neffco

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here’s a shot of it in real light. I need to get in the studio to get decent sound clips. Tried with iPhone and it doesn’t do it justice.

Blending the clean and dirty channels sounds killer. It has an independent volume for the blended channels. The distortion channel alone has more than enough on tap. Reverb can get wetter than a black lab near water. Independent dwell control for more tinkering. It makes my bridge pup more playable. On my twin I typically play on both or the neck. It has the harmonic thing going on as well as the touch sensitivity.

Only thing I don’t like, I have to wait till December 21st to play it out again.

He’s working on getting a small scale silk screen set up for doing face plates.

I’m running a Greenback and Heritage 70th anny in the cab.
B21382F4-0E2A-45E1-8A36-14B7B075A988.jpeg

Last edited:

zombiwoof

Reaction score
Is that a diagonal 2-12?. Why didn't he make the tolex the same color as the head?.
Amp looks great, and has some well thought-out features.
Al

Neffco

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
The speaker cab was mine. It’s a sourmash 2x12. He built the head cab with the intention of keeping it for himself. Then he decided to sell it to me and build another one for himself. There will be a few changes to the next one. The chassis on my build was one he had laying around. That’s why there’s holes down the center and the foot switch Jack is in the front. We will be making a custom chassis for the next build.

It’s also switchable for 4-8-16 ohms. The two switches on the left are a thick switch for the clean channel and a clip switch on the dirty channel. All the brown knobs are volumes. It also has a presence knob.

It has external bias too. Insert MM into external ports, twist small recessed flathead screws.

It runs very cool compared to my fenders. Like not hot at all.

Last edited:

Neffco

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another quick video, this one is of the blended channels. Again from my phone. I’ve got a bunch of studio stuff coming next week and should be able to record next weekend.

Neffco

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I finally built my back cover for this head.
F658F089-6F36-428B-8E97-6D2524BCAEC2.jpeg

Kyle76

Reaction score
How about a gut shot to see the wiring?

Latest Threads