NAD: Ceriatone Plexi 100 Super Lead

TonyAsh

Reaction score
This popped up on Craigslist and I couldn't resist. I had been thinking about getting a Marshall 1987x or a JMP 2204 but they all seemed to be anywhere from slightly above my budget to stupid expensive. Then I saw this. Handwired version of the '73 metal face Super Lead circuit, with an added post phase inverter master volume and a push/pull volume pot on the bright channel that bypasses the bright cap, as well as an effects loop (probably won't use) and a pentode/triode switch for switching down to 50 watts (also probably won't use). Anyway, this thing RULES. It's the quintessential classic rock sound. Throw a boost in front (I'm using a Piedmont Aluminum Falcon Klone) and it's NWOBHM heaven. I'm using it into the Avatar 2x12 with a Celestion G12M-65 Creamback and a Weber Legacy 65 watt. The only thing better? Running it in stereo with my '66 Bassman and Emperor 2x12 with two Eminence CV75 speakers. Huge!

TonyAsh

Reaction score
I was honestly blown away by the build quality. For starters, this head is surprisingly heavy. I imagine this is largely due to the transformers. Secondly, check out this immaculate wiring:

Now, someone please buy my Tweed Double Deluxe 2x12 combo in the Classifieds so I can reimburse myself for this purchase, haha.

Del Rei

Reaction score
For what I see in YouTube, Ceriatone sounds great! Congrats, man!!

grimmchaos

Reaction score
Ceriatone makes some killer stuff... I might be a fan as well!!

archtopmaker

Reaction score
Lovely! I have a Bluesbreaker on order with them, should be finished sometime in late December-early February. The wait is killing me! I have a pair of Celestion Golds for it, and I have a Sourmash cab ordered that should be here before too much longer.

Latest Threads