NAD: Carr Mercury updated with demo video

RustyNuts

Reaction score
I have the same problem. I've already deleted the drums, some amps, cabinets, basses and guitars.

You may free up some characters if you put your quotes like this:

If you ask me which I prefer between 2204 and world ****in peace, **** the world.

cherrysunburst00

TUBE AMP JUNKIE FOR LIFE BAD ASS
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem. I've already deleted the drums, some amps, cabinets, basses and guitars.

You may free up some characters if you put your quotes like this:

DOGGONE, I can't find the original post to try this. I went through his 20 pages of posts in his statistics to see if I could find another.

M & M is an absolute RIOT! :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

cherrysunburst00

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rusty, once again, You RULE!! I have incorporated your links and another suggestion to scale my sig back in size while still retaining the essence that I liked.

Gridlock

Reaction score
Congrats, sounds like the perfect amp for my needs.
Wish I could test a Carr amp in person.

cherrysunburst00

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yay congrats! It's been about two years since you had one, right?

Thank you, and Yes about 2 years ago. EXCELLENT memory, Grasshopper. And I missed it the entire time. This 1 is going nowhere.

Congrats, sounds like the perfect amp for my needs.
Wish I could test a Carr amp in person.
Thank You. They are amazing amps. I'm super impressed with the dynamics on the .1 watt setting. I feel that it is right up there with the Friedman; I really do. And super surprisingly, that doggone OR-15 is not too far behind.

This was the video that sold me on it. It is a pretty accurate representation. At 7:58 it seems as though he took it down to 1/10 watt, which in the real world would be in the low to mid 80 db range. The 1/2 watt runs in around the low to mid 90s db range

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u-jL0g-d8A[/ame]

E1WOOD5150

Purveyor of Joke Grenades
Reaction score
Damn, cherry...A collaboration with Soul Tramp, and now this? Color me jealous! Ever since you mentioned the Carr amps to me a few months ago, I've been intrigued. I watched a few on Reverb, I've listened to as many of the Youtube clips as I could find, and I really haven't found anything to dislike sonically. Congrats, big time!

I'd love to see a picture of the whole gang, guitars and amps and cabinets and pedals and...

Wrench66

Reaction score
Wow! very nice! So it has some sort of power scaling in it I guess?

needlespauls

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Sweet sweet amp...
So if you could only have one.....lol��

cherrysunburst00

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow! very nice! So it has some sort of power scaling in it I guess?

Thank You. Built-in attenuator rather than power scaling and it works really nicely.

Sweet sweet amp...
So if you could only have one.....lol��

Eeeesh, I don't know. It would be a tough choice between the Friedman and Carr. PROBABLY the Friedman.

E1WOOD5150

Purveyor of Joke Grenades
Reaction score
Thank You. Built-in attenuator rather than power scaling and it works really nicely.

Eeeesh, I don't know. It would be a tough choice between the Friedman and Carr. PROBABLY the Friedman.

Ahhh, so you identify as a metal guy?

I kid, I kid.:naughty:

cherrysunburst00

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ahhh, so you identify as a metal guy?

I kid, I kid.:naughty:

Oh heck yeah: Old School metal--like what we grew up listening to (Sabbath, Priest--through "Screaming for Vengeance," Deep Purple with Gillan and Coverdale, Dokken, NWOBHM, the German Speed Metal--Grave Digger, Running Wild, lots of the Euro Metal). I used to say "it can never be TOO heavy" but the stuff from the '90s forward is a bit heavier than I care to go. I appreciate the musicianship of course, but I prefer to listen to the stuff up through the mid 80s.

cherrysunburst00

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it's too heavy, you're too old.

;)

HA HA!! I never disputed that I'm too old :laugh2: :laugh2:.

I have been on a Judas Priest kick, and on Friday I listened to "Stained Class" which was years ahead of its time.

Latest Threads