NAD. Blues Jr. LTD.

Dilemma

Loud Pipes Ruin Naps
Reaction score
I've been wanting one of these for a while. I'm not a 'blues guy' per-say but this one hits the spot.
8.1.22 Fender.jpg

Last edited:

rich85

Reaction score
The Fender rep says LTD stands for lacquered tweed not limited, which makes sense. But Fender definitely like people thinking it’s limited I guess.

Anyway, Enjoy! They are great amps.

Dilemma

Loud Pipes Ruin Naps
Reaction score
The Fender rep says LTD stands for lacquered tweed not limited, which makes sense. But Fender definitely like people thinking it’s limited I guess.

Anyway, Enjoy! They are great amps.
Yeah but mine says "Limited" right on the rear namplate.

Correction: LTD it is.

Last edited:

John_P

Reaction score
Mine is a Blues Jr III dressed in Tweed. It's got a "Limited Edition" badge in the upper right corner (see pic below). It came with a different speaker, that's all. (It's basically a BJ relic, without the relicing:) The combination of speaker and cosmetics is what makes these amps qualify for a Limited Edition badge. The first BJs in Tweed were version II with a chrome back plate and the small pilot light, don't know if that model is still in production. Mine is just like any other ver III. I would assume that the new Tweed BJs are all version IV ?
1659440859776.png

Dilemma

Loud Pipes Ruin Naps
Reaction score
Mine is a Blues Jr III dressed in Tweed. It's got a "Limited Edition" badge in the upper right corner (see pic below). It came with a different speaker, that's all. (It's basically a BJ relic, without the relicing:) The combination of speaker and cosmetics is what makes these amps qualify for a Limited Edition badge. The first BJs in Tweed were version II with a chrome back plate and the small pilot light, don't know if that model is still in production. Mine is just like any other ver III. I would assume that the new Tweed BJs are all version IV ?
View attachment 625310
Good question. I ran the S/N of mine and got this;
81CF2DEE-A1B6-40E9-B630-46656156FF34.jpeg

cybermgk

“Happiness is the most insidious prison of all"
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
:) The combination of speaker and cosmetics is what makes these amps qualify for a Limited Edition badge.
Typically that's the case. There are also FSR (Fender Special Runs) that are also Limited Edition as they are actual, limited runs. Now if Fender does it, the limited run can be quite a few units. Even when a dealer does, it still can be. But, some times they can be truly very limited numbers.

Typically, most FSRs are a different finish/tolex and/or speaker. But sometimes it extends. I had an FSR that Sam Ash did, only 80 made in total. It had a Candy Apple Red finish, stock speaker, but a modified Bright circuit and thicker plywood cabinet.

John_P

Reaction score
Vintage looking jewel.
The Tweed Blues Jr listed on Fender's official web site got the small light.... Maybe they didn't bother to update the image.

Fender has ceased publishing circuit diagrams and by excluding version number in the specs, the manufacturer leaves it up to the end-user to figure out what version they got. I can see the argument that some people like their amps to be different, but from a service and maintenance perspective this certainly would create confusion. There are nonofficial diagrams suggesting that the Australian edition is cathode biased, whereas US reports show that version IV is fixed biased. Maybe there are country specific variations due to different voltage standards etc? For example; UK users used to complain that the power tubes were running hot.

By keeping the circuit a "secret" the myth is growing and the plot thickens...who knows what's inside? It's like the magic of a Kinder egg; You've got to open it up and be surprised :)

Latest Threads