NAD: Black Face Vibro Champ

Skit

Witch Doctor
Reaction score
1966 Vibro Champ arrived Friday. I can't stop playing this thing. Man this amp sounds great. The wife just stands there and smiles and says, "I really like that, that sounds great." I've played a few guitars through it and it only gets better the more I play. The speaker was replaced with a Warehouse G8C. It has the original RCA 6V6GT and 5Y3GT and 2 Amperex Bugle Boy 12AX7. This amp just begs to be turned up and it opens nicely.

A quick shot.

Case24

Reaction score
Congratulations. Looks to be in excellent condition. I really like the tremolo on those amps. :thumb:

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
beautiful. i plan to build a few of those. the circuit just sounds SO good. try it in an extension cab when you get the chance!

gilmourjunkie

Reaction score
Killer amp.... I had a dripedge Bronco which was essentially the same amp as a VC, with a different badge. I should have never sold it.

mudfinger

Thanks for the memories.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Love those things. Hope to get me another one someday. Congratulations! :dude:

Gridlock

Reaction score
Congrats and a BF Vibro Champ... Wow.

I pick up my 1977 VC this week. Can't wait.

Enjoy that nice amp.

Skit

Witch Doctor
Reaction score
Thank you guys. I'm having fun with this one. I've got a tele going in open G right now and its like, DAMN!!! :laugh2:

circles

Reaction score
I love those. God, looking back at the early small Fender amps I've sold early on. If I knew then...

MUSTANGCAT

Reaction score
I got a 78 Silver Face VC I totally love. I could see me getting a Black Face if the price was right. Champs and Vibro Champs are awesome!

theaaron

Banned
Reaction score
i just picked up a 70 silverface a few weeks ago, sold my blues jr to fund it and havent looked back! You can get all them amazing tones you hear on the records strat or les paul

Gridlock

Reaction score
Hope you got a good deal on that nice BF VC. I have seen BF VR's going for crazy prices recently, similar to BF Princeton Reverbs and even SF Deluxe Reverbs (a 1978 DR for sale in my area for $1700?).

I got a deal on my SF VR and could not pass it up for the condition and price.

Small vintage Fender amps seem to be a good investment and they sound so nice.

ant_riv

Reaction score
Congratulations and HNAD!

Looks great.

It must sound really great if even the wife stops and pays attention!

Skit

Witch Doctor
Reaction score
Hope you got a good deal on that nice BF VC. I have seen BF VR's going for crazy prices recently, similar to BF Princeton Reverbs and even SF Deluxe Reverbs (a 1978 DR for sale in my area for $1700?).

I got a deal on my SF VR and could not pass it up for the condition and price.

Small vintage Fender amps seem to be a good investment and they sound so nice.
Yeah I have seen some up for crazy prices. I asked a few question from the seller and I had Lyle and Don help me out with some gut shot questions. They liked what they saw and that was a good indicator for me to jump. They do sound so nice.

That looks in excellent condition. Really nice. How much did you pay for this?
Just a little over $600. It was previously owned by an amp tech and he replaced the cap can with 3 caps and replaced a few other caps and it has a 3 prong plug so it should be good to go for a while.

Congratulations and HNAD!

Looks great.

It must sound really great if even the wife stops and pays attention!
Yeah anytime the wife stops to make a comment about how good something sounds I'm on to something. :naughty:

Gridlock

Reaction score
Yeah anytime the wife stops to make a comment about how good something sounds I'm on to something. :naughty:
I was playing GNR "Don't Cry" with my Les Paul and Twin Reverb last week and my wife came into my music room hugged me and said something similar.

All good and a fringe benefit of playing guitar.

Latest Threads