NAD... Almost

tenchijin2

Reaction score
So a few years back, based on input from guys on MLP, I bought a used Phaez amp from someone here. It was called "Gemini" and it was a custom build. **Side note: Randy has built a couple amps named "gemini" for customers, but they are different**
The Gemini I bought had a JTM channel and a Fender Black face channel, both fed into an 18W power section using a pair of EL84s.
The JTM channel also had a switchable "treble boost" circuit which added to the gain, and a master volume.
I ran it through an Avatar 2x12 cabinet and it was really a nice sounding little amp!
I eventually decided it wasn't serving a purpose in my collection and sold it to another member here.
Fast forward to this year and I was listening to a track I used the amp on thinking wow! That Gemini sounded great! Especially the Marshall side.
So I contacted Randy and he's almost done building me an 18W JTM using EL84 output tubes, with a switchable boost. I'm looking forward to getting this thing soon! I'll post pics and follow up when it arrives.

el84ster

Reaction score
Exciting!
an 18w jtm45 sounds like my kinda thing.
love to hear what you think when you get it.

tenchijin2

Reaction score
Exciting!
an 18w jtm45 sounds like my kinda thing.
love to hear what you think when you get it.
If it's more or less the same as the one I had before that Randy built, I'll be very pleased. Everyone I demo'd it for loved it.

needlespauls

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Argh!! Jealous!!!! I had a Jackal that was very similar!! Should’ve never traded it!! I have a Duophoniccthat I love...but I’m itchy to add another!!

tenchijin2

Reaction score
I think this one will be great as my amp in a Boston tribute band I've recently joined. I'm alternating between acoustic 12 string and my Les Paul depending on the song. Small stage footprint, fairly high gain, should sound great mic'ed up.

tenchijin2

Reaction score
Well, I sort of expected this, and it's come to pass. We're moving out of our house and leaving town next Monday, and what day is the amp scheduled to arrive? Yeah next Monday LOL.
No big deal, I'd already requested to have it shipped to my office. However, it means I won't actually get to play it until March 5 or 6, or maybe even later as we're moving into our new house at that time.
I'll be sure to report back once I have tested it out :)

Latest Threads